2011 Price Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Price Increase

Anybody expecting to raise thier prices this year since they are predicting higher fuel costs this year. I haven't decided just yet. I'm not sure how much more I can get from customers until they start to complain or drop service due to costs.

Have not raised grass cutting prices in two years. Plan to raise a few this year that are underpriced. Mulch pricing will depend on raw materials cost. Might go up a $1 or 2.

Comment

Do they value your service, or your price?

And I'm certain there will be yet another new crop of scrubs this year willing to work for bare-bone earnings.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

No Increase In Hooterville..........

i raised mowing last season and my application prices were raised 2 or 3 years ago when fert and grass cost went sky high. since then i came down some but kept them high enough to cover what is about to happen again this coming season as my supplier has said to expect big increases. they do allow the regular contractors to lock in prices now so it won't be too much of a big deal in the spring. the fall will probably be different but again my prices are already high compared to others in the hooterville metro area. hopefully the cost will go super high and get rid of some of these low-ballers who hurt the ones trying to make a living at this mess....

steve-o
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          And I'm certain there will be yet another new crop of scrubs this year willing to work for bare-bone earnings.
          Returning customers have been very good since I have been in business. I do feel that I am near the top of what I can get from my residentials though. I have 6 commercials that are due for new contracts this year. Maybe I will raise those prices and let the residentials alonefor this season.

Comment

yeah right! Tell me about it. This year has been freakin ridiculous! Within 45 days, I've lost 4 monthly gigs in the $1150 range that went for $700-$850, and those I've streamlined as best as I could. and yesterday I was notified of losing a $2500 monthly for a bid in the $1700s! I think I'm gonna go chew on some nails.

THis year is starting out really freakin sad
            If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Welcome To Hooterville Scott..............

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              yeah right! Tell me about it. This year has been freakin ridiculous! Within 45 days, I've lost 4 monthly gigs in the $1150 range that went for $700-$850, and those I've streamlined as best as I could. and yesterday I was notified of losing a $2500 monthly for a bid in the $1700s! I think I'm gonna go chew on some nails.

it's been a 3 year tumble here.

steve-o

Comment

Sorry to hear about this, maybe things will pickup soon. Makes me think twice about adjusting the few prices I was gonna raise.
                I do not guess I will be moving to Florida anytime soon. The Rat has always wanted to just pack up and move there, guess I better stay up here.
                Do you still maintain that property I spotted you at back in August?
                I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

That's why I love residentials....

....Doesn't seem to be much throat cutting in the residential market. I only bid on commercials when asked (if even that). Just scored a ~$11k/yr basic maintenance gig this way. Still not really excited however. Just give me the homeowners with money to burn. :alien::alien::alien:
                  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
                    it's been a 3 year tumble here.

steve-o
                    Given your posts I can't imagine why.

Comment

Originally posted by yardboy View Post
                      Sorry to hear about this, maybe things will pickup soon. Makes me think twice about adjusting the few prices I was gonna raise.
                      I do not guess I will be moving to Florida anytime soon. The Rat has always wanted to just pack up and move there, guess I better stay up here.
                      Do you still maintain that property I spotted you at back in August?
                      I have to meet with the super for that property in the morning to "discuss other options". They just don't understand, I can't be giving this stuff away.

Comment

....Doesn't seem to be much throat cutting in the residential market. I only bid on commercials when asked (if even that). Just scored a ~$11k/yr basic maintenance gig this way. Still not really excited however. Just give me the homeowners with money to burn. :alien::alien::alien:
                        well it is here,, Stuff I used to do for $40 a pop goes for $25-$30,, I've had ppl get upset and fire me bcuz I won't use a 21in on their 1/2 acre prop... I think I'm gonna go into retail.

Comment

Still better than retail........

well it is here,, Stuff I used to do for $40 a pop goes for $25-$30,, I've had ppl get upset and fire me bcuz I won't use a 21in on their 1/2 acre prop... I think I'm gonna go into retail.
                          I can see that. I've noticed people here in Poverty are beginning to spend a little more thrifty. Stuff they would normally just hire out either doesn't get done anymore, or they just do it themselves.

I'm not opposed to using a 21"er on lawns, but not for the same price as using larger equipment. I charge $90 for a 10,000SF lawn. Takes a little under an hour on average. Dude tipped me at Christmas with 6 huge ass fillet minions. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

AND WHAT MIGHT YOU mean COLLEGE BOY????

Given your posts I can't imagine why.
                            my post are super valuable to the Green Industry..........

steve-o

Comment

....Just give me the homeowners with money to burn. :alien::alien::alien:

HOLY CRAP. MM said something smart.

I couldn't agree more. The few commercials i have a am able to built a relationship with similar to a residential, but there is now way in hell i would tie my future to commercial properties where nothing matters other then price.

back to the original question.

Yes, i raise about 1/2 every year. there are exceptions, but the scheduled 1/2 will go up. Between gas, the unemployment tax sky rocketing and some of the materials like fert going up, prices are either going up or i'm looking for a new job.

Comment

Working...
                              X