How do you pay yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you pay yourself?

If you're reading this, chances are that you either work for yourself, or are the owner of a larger operation. The question is a simple one, how do you pay yourself?
    What are you talking about? I mow lawns and stuff every dollar into my pocket!
    22.00%
    I pay myself a set salary each year
    8.00%
    I pay myself a percentage of monthly 'sales'
    4.00%
    I just take money I need from my business account to live off of
    50.00%
    Other
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

i have no idea and i need to learn this because right now everything goes into the business and eventually i'll need to start putting something into my personal savings account before i zero it out.

Comment

I take it out monthly, depending on what i make for the month. I am an LLC and my accountant said I should take it out as a "withdraw" from the business. Not really sure what the reason is, but that is what i was told and that is how I report it to my accountant. Hope it helps

Comment

I am a sole prop. and not an LLC or INC. at this time. I pay myself a set amount for the month in advance.

Comment

I pay myself every two weeks. The rest sits in the business account for bills and to stock pile it for the winter months.
          I am solo and my wife makes good money so I am able to pull out the minimum. At the end of the year I pay myself a bonus based on a percentage of my revenue.
          Then I snow ski and party all winter.
          The Grass Man, LLC
          Property Management
          Licensed and Insured
          www.thegrassmanllc.com
          404-626-4976

2008 Toyota Tundra 4WD Longbed
          6.5' x 12' L&W Trailer with landscape basket and trimmer racks
          Exmark Advantage Series 48", mulching kit
          36" WB Gravely w/velke & mulching kit
          22" Toro Push Mower
          Gravely Push mower