Professionals....please help a growing business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professionals....please help a growing business

I really need some help with getting some ideas for a YEARLY contract. I currently have 35 or so accounts but none are on a contract. I am wanting to sign yearly contract to equalize my income throughout the year. I have been searching post for hours and have checked out the free contracts but I am looking for somthing more specific. If anyone has a yearly contract that they would be willing to email me or something I would really appreciate it.

I need to know how to work out issues such as cancelations ( do you charge a fee to cancel the services?), missed cuts due to weather, additions to the contract, selling of the contracts to another business, service upon a as needed basis in the winter or every other week (i'm in the houston, tx area), increases due to fuel cost, etc. Again it not like i am being lazy, i have searched and have not come up with anything. feel free to email me rxqx@yahoo.com. Thanks, Ryan

Well I can tell you after 18 years in the business that unless you are doing commercial accounts, the yearly contract thing is usually more trouble than its worth. You mentioned several obstacles in your post: skipped mowings, added mowings, additional services...the list is long.

The thing you need to understand is that you are making the same money either way. Personally I'd rather have all the money in my hand at or near the time of service as opposed to waiting till Jan/Feb to realize it all. What happens if that person moves? Do you trust everyone to pay off their debts? I don't.

Learn to save your money. It's a good skill to learn. Spreading the money out won't make you any better off. Good luck, Tom

Comment

Unless your customers pay you each time that you cut, I would suggest some sort of contract. This will protect you. Some times people feel more secure with you services if you are contractually bound to perform them. It doesn't have to be complex, just something basic.

I don't charge afee to cancel, but I do require 30 days notice and cutting continues until the 30 days is up. Payment is due for that time period.

Charge for a specific amount of cuts a year. If you miss one, just add it in somewhere else.

My contract covers the cutting season only. April thru November, but the cost is spread over 8 or 12 months. If they need other services, they are done on an as requested basis, and payment for that is seperate.

The contract has to be renewed annually. This is when you can make any price changes.

If you need any more help, just pm me.
      -Rodney

Comment

I have provided a yearly contract available to the forum ...

Comment

This is a Private Area for Registered Members Only!

Have you looked at this list, in the...
          FREE ---> For You & Your Business!
          FREE Business Forms!

Contracts, Proposals, Job Pricing, Advertising Ideas, Discounts, Manufactures Links, Help, Advise, F.A.Q.'s & More. New Here, Please Read? Registered Forum Members Only!

Here's the Link...
          http://www.lawnserviceforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Most of the articles below are good reading if you haven't been in the business very long!

Sticky: FORM: Profit
          Sticky: FORM: Subcontract Agreement
          Sticky: FORM: Landscape Construction Estimating - Part 1-2
          Sticky: FORM: Grounds Maintenance Agreement
          Sticky: FORM: Grounds Maintenance Proposal
          Sticky: FORM: Calculating Equipment Cost
          Sticky: FORM: GrassMasters Simple Lawn Service Contract!
          Members Fliers are Here!
          Revised, Customer Work Sheet!
          Members Wanting to Sell Used Equipment!
          Weather Related & Radar Web Sites!
          Plant Information, Pictures & Databases!
          Places to Upload Your Photos & Share them!
          How to Price & Bid your Services!
          Lawn Mower Parts at Dealer Prices?
          Links to Green Industry Magazines!
          Links to Equipment Manufactures!
          Buying a Trailer: OPEN OR ENCLOSED
          Finding Your Cost per Hour for Equipment
          Measuring Time Trials for Accurate Estimating
          How To Get Commercial Accounts
          2-Cycle Equipment with Attachments?
          Pricing Chemical & Fertilizer Applications
          Purchasing Used Equipment?
          Various Means of Advertising
          Read 1st, about Chemical Applications!
          Keeping the Rising Cost of Business to a Minimum!
          GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
          LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
          www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

I can't access that link, can anyone help?

Comment

Sorry about that?

Originally posted by jrich139 View Post
              I can't access that link, can anyone help?
              That's an old link from 2004, no longer exist...
              GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
              LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
              www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Working...
              X