What's the dealeo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the dealeo?

What's the dealeo with my computer? I've got this disk I made with my old P2 computer and for the past two days I've been trying to transfer some pics off of it to this one. It takes at least a minute to read the disk, then a few more mins to highlight it, another couple mins for the rt click option to come up to copy, and then you can forget about pasteing.
    I thought it might be my cd drive but then I go to my t-shirt shop to get a jpg of my logo, and they they give me a 3.5 disk. I pop it in, and it can't read it. Says it needs formated. I know it doesn't because I saw the guy load it up at the shop and look at the logo on the disk. So I say, "wth", I try to format it, "cannot finish formating disk".

any idea on what's going on? All updates and drivers are current.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Well, I think formatting the disk will erase everything on it. So you might want to pass on that.

I have no idea on any of it. Sorry.

But, if I transfer files, I only use a flash drive anymore. Easy and fast.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I did not ignore this thread...

I'm at a loss for fixes on this particular problem. I've never ran across this problem before.

So the CD Rom & Floppy both not reading?

I would find another puter & try reading them again to verify the problem.

You also might try placing some files on another floppy & Cd using your puter, to see what happens. Does it do it & can you take files off of the new ones?

What is a Floppy? That sounds so 1900's?

I forgot to ask, is your computer plugged in? :laughing:
      GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
      LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
      www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
        Well, I think formatting the disk will erase everything on it. So you might want to pass on that.

I have no idea on any of it. Sorry.

But, if I transfer files, I only use a flash drive anymore. Easy and fast.

Originally posted by XtreemGreen
        Insert another cd.. Does it read it ok? If it does, the other cd has alot of very fine scratches and is hard dor the drive to read.

As far as the old floppies..Usually the floppy is worn out, but can also be a worn out drive... Who uses floppies anyways? Have your shirt shop burn them to a disk or put them on a memory stick.
        I plugged in a game and it worked fine. Took my pic cd to my laptop and it worked fine. Copied pics to thumb drive and then back to this computer. The floppy, well it was the 1st time I've ever tried to use it and it crapped out. Plugged it into another computer and the floppy is fine.

Originally posted by GrassMaster View Post
        I'm at a loss for fixes on this particular problem. I've never ran across this problem before.

So the CD Rom & Floppy both not reading?

I would find another puter & try reading them again to verify the problem.

You also might try placing some files on another floppy & Cd using your puter, to see what happens. Does it do it & can you take files off of the new ones?

What is a Floppy? That sounds so 1900's?

I forgot to ask, is your computer plugged in? :laughing:
        I'm not sure if I should say anything here,,

Comment

crap! so I lied. I went back to my laptop to see if everything transferred. Well it got to pic 029 and then stopped. Said something like "file 029 failed, (cyclic redundancy check)"

Comment

Working...
          X