MOre problems with my mower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOre problems with my mower

Jump on the mower sunday to load it up on the trailer,,, no start,, actually hard to turn over. Swap batteries, same result, test batteries=2 good batteries. hmmm, have a spare solenoid, replaced, slow start. install 3rd good battery,, no turn over. WTH? Thinking starter is fried,, pull cover and find that it's stuck extended. Procure another starter, slow to turn over and I hear sparks. Finally pull plugs, they're wet,, water wet! turn key and I blow all kinds of freakin water out and it's coming out of the muffler too! Damit! I just filled up Friday on my way home for a fresh easy start on MOnday and this crap happens. I'm now draining the tanks and it look worse than 50/50 water/fuel. Days like this make me wish I was an engineer just pounding away on my keyboard playing with logarithms
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Scott,

dependent on your mower brand, check with you dealer as certain coils work better with restraining water and after market solutions are out there. In terms of fuses and other areas that you do not wish to get wet spray WD 40 or another water dispersent around them every so often and your mower will withstand our moisture more

Comment

50/50 Water Fuel..............

how does that happen unless somebody don't like scott........

steve-o
      "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
        how does that happen unless somebody don't like scott........

steve-o
        Nah....it's a Badboy, enough said.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

bad boy alright,, cleaned up the water mess, refilled with good petro, replaced plugs and filter, then it fired right up and then mowed my yard-1acre without a hiccup... still a PITA.

Comment

I think steve-o meant: Where in Hell did all the water come from ?

Quality Is Good

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
              Fire suppression system.
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

That Would Be Correct Sammy.......

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                how does that much water get in a tank unless someone dumped it in there?

steve-o
                "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

it all came straight from the gas station

Comment

Can't have been 50/50. Water is heavier than gas, so I'd think that's why you had a **** ton of water in the engine. How did you conclude it was half water???

Comment

Water does not come from the gas station. P ***y maybe, good coffee possible, but not water...
                      Incitatus for the US Senate !

Comment

Underground tanks can become contaminated with water,.....if the tank was low and he filled his equipment while a tanker was off loading, or right after, he could have gotten a lot of water in his gas..

Anytime you see a fuel truck unloading at a station find another place to get gas, or wait at least an hour for the contaminants (sludge/dirt, etc.) in the tank to settle and for the water/gas to separate. There is always some amount of water in the storage tanks...

Scott, glad everything worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                          Can't have been 50/50. Water is heavier than gas, so I'd think that's why you had a **** ton of water in the engine. How did you conclude it was half water???
                          cuz only 1/2 of it tasted like fuel, the other half I used to water my plants

Comment

Working...
                          X