Truck for a new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck for a new guy

Whats up guys? My name is Dave Carroll and i own Lions Share Maintenance based out of St.Paul MN. I opened Lions Share in 2010 and did most of the work myself for the first 2 years, then started to expand. We now run 5 full time crews, 3 residential, 2 commercial, 8 employees total, focusing primarily on window cleaning, gutter cleaning and pressure washing. I focus a lot on commercial work, but resi is still our cash cow. Resi customer base is about 1200 or so.

Long story short, Ive got a buddy of mine who finally quitting his job and joining the team. He has 9 years of landscaping/ snow removal experience. I am in the works of leveraging our customer base to open up certain areas of our market to more lawn industry focused services, my guy captaining the show.

My first focus this fall is to get him all set up to do yard clean ups. We have experimented in the past, but it was caveman style. Blowers, tarps and the trailer. I want to focus on yard clean ups and aeration this fall, then open the flood gates for the services next spring. We already do snow removal and ice dams, so winter is $ for us, but I'm definitely going to be needing some advice come spring.

Im trying to figure out what truck i want to buy for my new guy. I have an 12ft open trailer that I'm gonna just dedicate to this truck. Id like a 2500. I'm a chevy guy, but I've read ford and gmc have better front ends for 2500+.

Any advice with the truck or in general is appreciated guys. Thanks

I look forward to being an active member here
Working...
X