Noise Free Lawn Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Free Lawn Care

Found this niche on the net A guy in Atlanta Georgia is doing this with good

results. He is using a Good Modern Reel mower. For trimming and edgeing

a hound dog garden step edger, and a hound dog product grass clipper.

Produceing a Noise and Pollution Free efficent lawn service. He said his prices

are competitive to regular lawn services. I was wondering what thoughts

and opinions you have on this type of service.

he can't compete if he's charging the same. Too slow unless he's working those postage stamp duplex homes with less than 200ft of turf.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

i'm with scott. theres no way he can be competetive unless he's doing postage stamp yards. the amount of time needed to do larger lawns that way would create an INSANE loss.

the one question i have is this niche really all that great? how many of us have all that many residentails that have people home while we're cutting grass anyway? most people are out working there 8-5 or whatever hour job and thats why they have us anyway. the noise wouldn't be a major issue. now the pollution free thing probably does hit home with some "green thumbed" people.

Comment

Don't matter what the size is.............

It's a special niche and he should be charging appropriately. He doesn't know what he's doing if you ask me. Just another idiot eager to work for peanuts.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Gotta be a dumbass.... wont last a month.
          SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
          Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
          www.lawnbook.com
          www.lawnservicing.com
          Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
          Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
          Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
          Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
          NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

A couple of guys around here have started a "pollution free" lawn service.
            I have seen their flyers, have not seen them !

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Competetive may not mean priced the same as. Also retirement communities have a lot of people home during the day. I think it's possible to make a run of it. Would'nt want to be me though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                A couple of guys around here have started a "pollution free" lawn service.
                I have seen their flyers, have not seen them !
                They are misleading with there slogan as more than likely they showed up to the job via automobile or truck? Not 100% pollution free.

IMO this gig won't last long otherwise we all would have been doing it this way all along...

-Ryan
                "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

-Adam Smith

Comment

Just another lawnboy letting someone make him their little beeeoooccchh. Mow those little crappy yards with the biggest gas-guzzling mower you can fit on the trailer and leave. Send them a bill. That is how the RAT rolls...........
                  I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

Hound Dogs In Hooterville.

Originally posted by Jon L View Post

For trimming and edgeing

a hound dog garden step edger, and a hound dog product grass clipper.

Produceing a Noise and Pollution Free efficent lawn service. He said his prices

are competitive to regular lawn services. I was wondering what thoughts

and opinions you have on this type of service.

they is either pets or hunting dogs. we don't use them on the mowing crew. do they work better than mexicans?

steve-o
                    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

I got a 'near new' gasless manual mower thinking use it on just one account for trimming closer to patio- tired of unloading 21 inch for 3 minutes of mowing. This I can carry out of bed of truck one handed. Sometimes just use the string trimmer. But what I noticed on the manual push mower: The wheels are on side of machine so you can't really get right up next to stuff- wheels are there? I got it almost free..and near new so thought I'd give it a try. all day-no way thou. Geno

Comment

i'd stick with using the trimmer.

Comment

Working...
                        X