Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day Of Mowing In Hooterville Tomorrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Of Mowing In Hooterville Tomorrow....

i checked some yards today on the way home from mulching and they still could probably wait another week but business is business...... last year this would have been my 3rd week of mowing. tomorrow i'll crank them up and hope they grow some for next week........

steve-o
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

First day here...but it wasn't necessary.

My beloved business partner thought it'd be a good idea to start mowing lawns this week. They mowed a total of 10 today off the entire Mon-Tues-Wed schedule.

I'm thinking a regular schedule won't begin for at least 2 weeks. Some could use a mowing now, but 98% could easily wait until next week.

It's just one of those times it's better to sit back and laugh than to tell him he's stoopid for jumping the gun. :alien::alien::alien:
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Heck I've done first cuts on 75 percent of my lawns, second cuts on 25%, and a handfull will get third cuts tomorrow. My theory is the smaller lawns on heaver soil had the soil warm up sooner and thus are greening up much quicker. Unfortunately all my larger, higher end lawns are on very sandy soil that seems to be taking it's time to warm up. MAYBE in 2 weeks I will be on my weekly schedule, but that may be pushing it with this stupid weather. I'm gonna be lucky if I don't go broke before the grass is completely out of dormancy lol.
      Hutchinson, Kansas

Comment

Been on an adjust weekly schedule here for three weeks. All but 3 of the lawns have been cut at least once. Some are holding off to save cash.

Comment

Very useful conversation you are doing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X