water lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water lines

is there a way to find a water line to cut in a spinkler system? how do thay locate them without cutting them into? thanks

You might want to re-phrase your question. Are you asking how to find a water main to run a sprinkler system off of, or how to find a line in an existing zone?

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
    Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

It sounds to me like he wants to pull pipe in the ground and wants to know the easiest way to connect it to a water source??????????????????
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

I Jest Want To Know How To Locate The Water Line Without Cutting It When I Trech The Lines.the Locate Company Cant Find It Nore The Water Company Is Their A Way To Locate Water Before I Dig ? Thanks Keith

Comment

Im Not Trying To Sound Stupid Or Anything Like That They Tell Me Their Is Know Way To Find The Water Line Unless They Send A Current Through It.does Anyone Know Of Another Way I Put Cable Lines In The Ground And Am Always Hitting The Water Line And It Takes 30 To 40 Min To Fix It Would Like To Not Hit Them But Cant Locate Or Find The Depth Of Them Any Sugg????????? Thanks Keith

Comment

Call before you dig??????????????????All utility companys will mark their lines and such...........You are supposed to do that even if you are just putting in a measly little flowerbed..........ITS THE LAW........................... See this link ---- http://www.sc1pups.org/
            I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

Now it makes sense?

He doesn't want to cut into existing sprinkler system lines when he's trenching??

Good luck with that one. See if you can locate the irrigation plans. The contractor who installed the system probably has this on file, and/or the property owner. That's gonna be your best way. Even then, there is no guarantee the lines where installed exactly according to the plan.
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
              Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

i wouldn't worry about the sprinkler lines............

do like the rest of the cable guys and just bury them to code. the first good rain they will call you back. :laughing: ain't no way you will hit a sprinkler line if just do like the rest.

steve
                "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

thanks for the info maybe i want hit anymore have a merry christmas ho ho ho

Comment

ho ho ho to you too...........

Originally posted by 3 g lawn care View Post
                    thanks for the info maybe i want hit anymore have a merry christmas ho ho ho
                    watch out for them lines though.......................

steve
                    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
                    X