Suggestions for small lawn strip irrigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for small lawn strip irrigation

Adding a new irrigation zone. Currently have five zones, two lawn zones, and three drip zones. Have a lawn strip separated by a five foot cement walkway. The width is 5 feet, and the length on the left side of walkway is 15 feet, and the right side 20 feet. So the lawn area is 5 feet by 35 feet. Have dug a trench in the center the complete length and under walkway. So the trench is 40 feet long. The water pressure is about 30PSI with 8 GPM for this zone. Having trouble deciding on how best to irrigate. Will the Hunter MP strips work well here? Both Toro and Rainbird strip nozzles only do a 4 foot width. Maybe I should just use 5 foot fixed sprays. If so, would triangular spacing provide enough water?

Could extend the right side from 20 feet to maximum of 22 feet.

is it just grass? Is it 30psi or less than 30psi? You could do it in standard strip nozzles with about 6gpms or the MP rotors with about 3gpms or less. It depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to run your sprinklers. If it was me, I'd use the rotors cause your psi is low and I like the larger drops which equals less evaporation but that's just me and my craziness.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Suggestion for small lawn strip irrigation

The strip is grass only. The PSI is around 28 - 32. Like the MP rotors even though they are more expensive and amount of run time is not a problem.

Would I need rotors at each corner, or just at opposite corners. Say 2 on the left side, and three on the right side, or four on the left and six on the right?

Originally considered Rainbird's 15EST and 15 CST, but the spray width was only 4' x 15'.

Comment

Working...
      X