Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spots

What you can find in a spot in a lawn isn't always what you expect.
    This last week was havoc for customer concerns. Here's just a few:

While mowing a customers lawn a ferilize customer came over to express his concerns about his zoysia lawn. So, I stopped what I was doing and proceeded with him across the street to have a look.

This has been a re occuring problem he's had every year. (only new too me, being this my first year of managing his lawn) Wanted to know if it was a fungus, which he had when we had all that rain last Month. (treated problem at no extra cost to customer)
    After observation I took notes:
    Slightly sloped hill, low soil content.(Poking lawn to see soil depth) He was presently irrigating with a hose end fountain type lawn irrigation sprinkler head.
    Recommended he use soaker type hose with a water timer on the end of the faucet and irrigating early mornings only. If it was something he wanted to fix, he would have to bring in more good top soil and not river bottom soil(which is infested with purple nutgrass) and address the issue next year.

The next one:

The customer who I was mowing comes out while I and my son were mowing his lawn and expressed that in two days a couple of spots in his lawn started to die? My reaction was His lawn was also Zoysia.
    So, we walk to the back of his small lawn and I look at it and it turned out to be only top burn where he laid his tarp down on the lawn.
    On days like these 100 degree it doesn't take long for sences to occur.

It left a nice square pattern on the lawn. He stated after I explained what it was before he told me what he did, that he should have looked closer at it and seen the lawn still had green underneath the burn.

Then,

I proceeded to end the days mowing with a customers lawn infested with dead spots all thru his lawn. At least with this one, he wasn't one of my fertilize customers

To speculate what I may think might have happened would be only speculation only. But, here what I think might have happened.

Thanks to our State banning the use of Phosphour in our area, and knowing that this paticular lawncare providers methods with the customers irrigation practices and not forgetting the lawns compact subsoil, this lawn never had a chance.

Spots

You got to love them

Originally posted by no brown lawns View Post
    On days like these 100 degree it doesn't take long for sences to occur.
    Do you mean senescence?

Comment

You Been Talking To College Boy Too Much....

Originally posted by hardboiled View Post
      Do you mean senescence?
      :laughing:

steve
      "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

You guys are boring.

Comment

Working...
        X