leaving windows dirty or foggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaving windows dirty or foggy?

I have just added pressure washing to our services within our business, and had a customer want us to pressure wash her home, driveway, and patio. She just has one thing she's picky about. She doesnt want her windows to be left messed up. She said that she's had 4 or 5 companies pressure wash her home, and every one of them left her windows messed up where she had to wash them afterward other than one. The last company left them really clean. She wanted that company to do her home, but they recently went out of business. So, she wants to try us out. What do I need to do to keep her windows clean while we pressure wash? There must be some secret, becuase she said they didnt windex the windows after they were done. They just did it differently to leave them clean.

What do you recomend to leave her windows clean so she'll use us from now on?
    - Your home for Gator Tailgating and Gator Sports News and Forums.

what is in your soap mix?
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      what is in your soap mix?
      I wish I could tell you. I didnt leave them dirty. Everyone else did other than one comapny. Weve never done her home and I dont want to leaver her windows dirty. What do you use to keep windows clean?

Comment

you can't tell me what your soap mix is?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours

Comment

hahaha - its not my soap mix thats the problem, as far as I know. I usually use bleach or chlorine if I use anything. I havent ever noticed myself leaving windows dirty, but she says others did, and I dont want to. I was just curious if you know of anything that would leave windows ditry. That way, I could not use that.

Or do you clean the windows with a different mixture after youre done pressure washing?

Comment

I've always depended on a chemical wash of chlorine, a citrus cleaner, wax and dawn soap. It's applied with an m5xjet instead of a downstreamer. It literally takes me seconds to soap up a side of a house starting from the bottom working my way up. Dwell a few minutes but never let it dry, especially on windows.
            Rinse well and you'll never see streaks on windows

Comment

Originally posted by rustyt22 View Post
              I wish I could tell you. I didnt leave them dirty. Everyone else did other than one comapny. Weve never done her home and I dont want to leaver her windows dirty. What do you use to keep windows clean?
              rusty, i only do my own house, however, you have to know what you are spraying if you are gonna charge the people. i use bleach and the brown stuff for my house and have no problems. as scott said, don't waste time and let it dry, making sure you rinse quickly.

steve
              "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Homeless guy + a mattress = spotless windows

Originally posted by rustyt22 View Post
                I have just added pressure washing to our services within our business, and had a customer want us to pressure wash her home, driveway, and patio. She just has one thing she's picky about. She doesnt want her windows to be left messed up. She said that she's had 4 or 5 companies pressure wash her home, and every one of them left her windows messed up where she had to wash them afterward other than one. The last company left them really clean. She wanted that company to do her home, but they recently went out of business. So, she wants to try us out. What do I need to do to keep her windows clean while we pressure wash? There must be some secret, becuase she said they didnt windex the windows after they were done. They just did it differently to leave them clean.

What do you recomend to leave her windows clean so she'll use us from now on?
                Buy some homeless guy a burger then have him stand in front of the windows behind a mattress while spraying those particular areas and that should protect them....

Whats the big deal if they get a little over spray or dirt drip on them anyway ?????

Just soap them up and them power wash the windows after the majority of the house is not dripping that black gunk and the windows should be clean.....

Damn lazy owner if shes letting her house build up with dirt and worrying about the stupid windows when sooner or later they gotta be cleaned anyway unless shes a slob......

Does she realize even the late twin towers , and empire state building actually employ or employed window washers because windows do get dirty??????

What does she not have wipers and washing fluid along with a washer pump on her car or does she have removable windows in her car?????

Sounds totally ridiculous to me maybe your better off passing this job cause it sounds like shes a cooook !!!!

JMO

Tanky,

Trans- miester
                GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Depending on the kind of water you are using, windows are no problem to get acceptably clean just by using a good soap in your mix, and gently misting the windows of each section of the house after you've cleaned it.

Be careful using high pressure around windows. Most windows these days are dual-pane, and you can destroy them by compromising the seals and causing them to fog up. Always use very gentle pressure around windows.

Now I'm done.

Comment

Use a rince aid in your cleaner mix.

The Chemical Doctor
                    rowlettsteven@yahoo.com
                    www.flynndist.com
                    Spokesperson

Comment

Working...
                    X