J.D. Gattor for some res. plowing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D. Gattor for some res. plowing?

I have a new plowing account starting this year that I think will be a PITA but the pay is great. 96 drives in a villa community, sounds great but thier are many drives that have difficult shap and could lead to a lot of blower work. My question is, have any of you used the J.D. 4x4 gattor for plowing drives (72" blade). If so, what are your thoughts? I would be able to store this on sight so transport is not a problem.
    I would be able to use this piece of equipment year round on the property so it would not be a plow only purchase. Thoughts???? Just to avoid the statement...... It is offered with a close cab.... even heat if you need it. Thanks for the help!

bt

For the price you can get a nice used Steiner 430MAX that will out plow just about anything.

Comment

Sorry, not the kind of machine I'm looking for. Plus, those real cold days it might get a bit cold.

Thanks
      bt

Comment

It sounds like a job for a skidsteer to me. But then again you don't get as much snow there

Comment

Were in the lake effect areas off lake MI, so we can get dumped on pretty good now and again. The sidsteer would sit most of the spring, fall and summer. I thought this would be a good all year piece of equipment.

bt

Comment

Around here the contractors (landscapers) like to use open cab tractors with rear blade for those villa drives. But this is Kansas, and you're in Michigan. I'm sure your snowfalls dwarf ours.

I think your Gator w/ blade idea has merit......run with it. Have you considered Bobcats utility vehicle?

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
            Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

MM,
              That is one of the only companies I haven't considered. I will check it out today. I have a deal on the table I'm happy with right now for a Cub Cadet Utility 4x4 with a lot of extras I don't need but the shop wants to move it. It's one Cub sent them for the show room so it would be good for him to move it. I'll let you know what I find out about the Bob Cat.

bt

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog26 View Post
                MM,
                That is one of the only companies I haven't considered. I will check it out today. I have a deal on the table I'm happy with right now for a Cub Cadet Utility 4x4 with a lot of extras I don't need but the shop wants to move it. It's one Cub sent them for the show room so it would be good for him to move it. I'll let you know what I find out about the Bob Cat.

bt
                I wouldnt buy the Cub Cadet UTV...they are junk.

That Bobcat price will scare you once you see that.

If you want a good UTV, look at the Mule 3010 or the Kubota RTV. I personally have a mule 3010 and it is an animal. Well built. I know some people who bought the Cub Cadets based on price and they were junk. Breaking down all of the time for various reasons.

Comment

If you are going to go this route, look at the Kawasaki Mule 4x4.

The gator isn't going to be as good for snow removal.
                  a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I had a Polaris Ranger 6x6. Let me tell ya, it had some power. No lie...my buddy has a 3/4 ton that got stuck out at the farm where we hunt. I pulled him out, no problem. It was awesome. I would reccomend getting one of them...they have all the accessories like the plow, cab heater, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by btammo View Post
                      I wouldnt buy the Cub Cadet UTV...they are junk.

That Bobcat price will scare you once you see that.

If you want a good UTV, look at the Mule 3010 or the Kubota RTV. I personally have a mule 3010 and it is an animal. Well built. I know some people who bought the Cub Cadets based on price and they were junk. Breaking down all of the time for various reasons.
                      Man, I wish I would have heard from you last week! I have already bought it. I guess I can hope they have worked the bugs out and the newer modles will hold up better. Hearing that really suprises me, the cub seems to be built to do heavyer work. The gate load is much higher and the over all size is much more stoute than the mule. You can put a full side in the bed of the Cub. I looked at both units and I didn't buy based on price. In the showroom the mule was next to the Ranger and the Ranger was a much larger unit.

Thanks for the heads up!

bt

Comment

In the showroom the mule was next to the Ranger and the Ranger was a much larger unit.

bt
                        Larger in size doesn't mean too much on those machines. The mules can take some serious beatings and just keep moving. Their 4 wd set up is great. Polaris units are money pits.
                        a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                        Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I was looking at this as a year round piece of equipment and thought the larger Dump bed and higher frame clearance would be an advantage in the snow and hualing mulch, fert. etc.

Comment

I have a EFI Ranger and it will stomp a mudhole in the rest, PERIOD!
                            You would be kickin it wif_
                            Independent Rear Suspension
                            True 4-wheel drive when needed.
                            The abilty to run wif only one rear tire so tearing turf is non existent when you use it on jobs in the summer.
                            Payload capacity of 1000#'s! - Need I say more!

Get on one of the other units and do a sharp turn in a yard and see what happens versus the Polaris! Go thru a hole wif ruts and see what happens! Need I say more!!
                            I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

I was looking at this as a year round piece of equipment and thought the larger Dump bed and higher frame clearance would be an advantage in the snow and hualing mulch, fert. etc.
                              We have had at most 36 bags of mulch stacked in the back of our Ranger before. Bed has holes like a stake body and we have made sides to increase hauling capacity. We have a platform on the roof for trimming ultra tall hedges, way safer than a shaky a$$ ladder, turf tires, we have sprayers for it, this winter we will build an aerator for the front and convert the bed to a hydraulic dump, thinking of adding a fert spreader to front. It has hauled many a yard of dirt and sand! It is a workaholic!! Need I say more!!
                              I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

Working...
                              X