No announcement yet.

The WHITE DEATH has returned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was wondering why you went by it......?????

Originally posted by TRANSMAN View Post
    Steevee-ooo:

YOU Almost slipped that on by the Transtermaster !!!!!!

If ya gonna impersonate old Transdynamite you always have to remember i put an icon of some sort on each side of my silly signatures!!!!!

Buy the way .... You is one ugly mo fo of a women so ya better pack those bags with yardrat and put some investment in some serious cosmetic surgery....

From what iv seen of the hairy lady / "steevy the drag queen" a burlap bag covering that head would be a 1000 percent improvement , but please do somthing before going outdoors from now on , then having people going into cardiac crisis from the shock ,and then claim you simply fired them because they expired ....:laughing:

Tanky.....

T- puppy dog dynamo - Tripple-TTT

i thought about the little icons, but why waste the time?

steve-o
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by VAUGHN View Post
      arkansas go hit hard did it not?
      Originally posted by VAUGHN View Post
      ark got hit hard did they not?
      Not where I am...we got 2 inches here yesterday. North AR got around a foot or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
        They get trucked around so that we can get the most use out of them.
        Thats gotta be a PITA I would think. I know you are going to say "no not really", but from loading it, chaining it down, hauling it around in shat road conditions, get to the next parking lot, unload, plow, load again etc...

Where do you park your trucks when you are plowing? In the parking lot that you are plowing? Then you have to move it to plow the snow under that etc? Cant very well park on the streets due to city plows going by etc. What do you salt with?

P.S. I am not trying to critique you, I am trying to understand how you are managing to do this and have it be easier than plowing with trucks. I think that I can get done more with my trucks than I can with my bobcat. That is why I am asking you as it may be something worth looking into on my end if it is feasible. No one here does that. Bobcat is used for small tight areas, walkways etc, of larger commercial lots.....

Brad

Comment

btammo, I don't strictly use skid steers for snow removal, it's still mostly trucks. But for bigger snows, they whip a truck with a plow.

The bigger skid steers are much faster than a truck for plowing on most lots that aren't extremely wide open. Especially when the snow gets really deep. And that's if you have a 6' bucket or so. Slap an 8' wide blade on it or a pusher and the skid steer is an awesome snow remover. They can get right around obstacles, no transmission issues, no switching gears, just spin around and go back the other direction. They can take serious abuse as you know.

The time loading the machine still makes it quicker than a truck on heavy snow falls. They'll just park at the back of a lot, or where ever it makes the most sense. In heavy snows, we will always go back at the end to clean up any leftovers and just hit that small area then. Load time is basically just driving it up the ramps and putting a strap on it. It really doesn't take much time when you get it down. Towing isn't too bad. Not 65 mph on snow covered roads, but 50 or so isn't too scary. They have the trailer brakes.

You can mount a salt spreader on the back of them if needed.

Having said that, they mostly go out when the snow gets deep because they are great for moving serious snow off the lots and nice back up units that rarely go down. But our smaller 2300 lb skid steer does go out each and every snow fall for smaller lots. It's unbeatable for lots under 30 cars that still have vehicles sitting around.
          a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
          Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Bigger balls then me

btammo, I don't strictly use skid steers for snow removal, it's still mostly trucks. But for bigger snows, they whip a truck with a plow.

The bigger skid steers are much faster than a truck for plowing on most lots that aren't extremely wide open. Especially when the snow gets really deep. And that's if you have a 6' bucket or so. Slap an 8' wide blade on it or a pusher and the skid steer is an awesome snow remover. They can get right around obstacles, no transmission issues, no switching gears, just spin around and go back the other direction. They can take serious abuse as you know.

The time loading the machine still makes it quicker than a truck on heavy snow falls. They'll just park at the back of a lot, or where ever it makes the most sense. In heavy snows, we will always go back at the end to clean up any leftovers and just hit that small area then. Load time is basically just driving it up the ramps and putting a strap on it. It really doesn't take much time when you get it down. Towing isn't too bad. Not 65 mph on snow covered roads, but 50 or so isn't too scary. They have the trailer brakes.

You can mount a salt spreader on the back of them if needed.

Having said that, they mostly go out when the snow gets deep because they are great for moving serious snow off the lots and nice back up units that rarely go down. But our smaller 2300 lb skid steer does go out each and every snow fall for smaller lots. It's unbeatable for lots under 30 cars that still have vehicles sitting around.
            I gotta say pulling a skid steer on any trailer in snowy icy roads would definitely make me a little nervous trailer brakes or not..... ....

i dont even know if i would want the trailer brakes working locking on the slippery roads then pulling the truck into a spin but i guess i would practice in a big open slippery lot and see what method works best safely......

Once somthing looses traction on ice its usually hard to get it back and even my crazy buddy in upstate NY wont use his bobcats unless their already parked at the scene the day before the big icy snowfall.....

Smaller parking lots definitely would be better with that type of machine , but if it were me i would probably go with a bunch of snowblowers for in between parked cars and tight areas, plus a small truck and narrow plow( talking smaller congested lots) , but to each their own and just be careful please......

T-Trannycupcake-T
            GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

When I mentioned smaller lots and using the smaller skid steer, I'm mostly speaking of lots around 30 cars an under.

Keep in mind, it only weighs 2300 lbs.

The bigger unit is heavy but I haven't noticed any real issues pulling it when there is snow on the road. Granted I don't drive 65mph either. Brakes are set lower on the trailer so that the truck is doing the braking first. It's almost like driving it through a couple inches of mud.

If it was icy and very slick, I wouldn't take it out. Normally in Ohio, we either have clear roads and a little snow on the ground or we have completely snow covered roads that aren't slick ice.
              a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

I didnt think you had plows on your trucks. You have them on your cabovers or pickup? So you must have a salter on your skidsteer or do you do it by hand?

I hear what you are saying about the skidsteer being quick, but there is no way that I can see a skid steer loaded and unloaded at each site and travelling in between stops, can keep up with any of my pickups or dump with 7.5'-9.0' plows. It just seems like there is alot of inefficiency.

You cant really plow down one way, turn around and plow back the other way. That really doesnt happen very often between streets/parking lots etc. Every lot is different, but we always push to the furthest corner if possible and that way snow piles are all in one area.

Like I said if it works for you then that is great. No one here does that at all. Some use skid steers but they are left at the job and they do alot of the work around dumpsters, loading docks etc. I only use my bobcat to remove snow after the piles get too big. One thing around here some people use a backhoe with pusher and drive it back and forth between local lots. This I can see as beneficial. They are also shoving 16' at a rip.!

Maybe i am overlooking something.....I am trying to see if your way would work for me, but I just cant see it....atleast for me anyway and my demographics. I'm kinda with Tranny on the whole hauling bobcat in snow etc....

Comment

Totally agree

Originally posted by btammo View Post
                  I didnt think you had plows on your trucks. You have them on your cabovers or pickup? So you must have a salter on your skidsteer or do you do it by hand?

I hear what you are saying about the skidsteer being quick, but there is no way that I can see a skid steer loaded and unloaded at each site and travelling in between stops, can keep up with any of my pickups or dump with 7.5'-9.0' plows. It just seems like there is alot of inefficiency.

You cant really plow down one way, turn around and plow back the other way. That really doesnt happen very often between streets/parking lots etc. Every lot is different, but we always push to the furthest corner if possible and that way snow piles are all in one area.

Like I said if it works for you then that is great. No one here does that at all. Some use skid steers but they are left at the job and they do alot of the work around dumpsters, loading docks etc. I only use my bobcat to remove snow after the piles get too big. One thing around here some people use a backhoe with pusher and drive it back and forth between local lots. This I can see as beneficial. They are also shoving 16' at a rip.!

Maybe i am overlooking something.....I am trying to see if your way would work for me, but I just cant see it....atleast for me anyway and my demographics. I'm kinda with Tranny on the whole hauling bobcat in snow etc....
                  Makes a lot of common sense especially when i see vehicles including tractor trailers sliding backwards on the news....

Plus the center of gravity is raised 4 fold so tipping after sliding would just be to dangerous for me......

I'm sure it works for him but im also sure there's alternatives you i and others would feel safer with....

And being a person who actually sat for 9 months in a body cast with a legitimate broken back and numerous crushed disks you realize you can change things in your comfort and life real fast the 1 st time the vehicle slides and the stuff rolls over with your head and back taking the brunt of the damage.....

God forbid the skid dont fall on the car they would be lucky to identify the body after the fire that breaks out while your trapped to sizzle. inside crushed to death to boot.....

Seen and lived that in real time life and dont wanna ever go threw that misery again....

cuppycake
                  GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

btammo, I think you might believe I am using these big heavy skid steers with each snowfall. (see quote above) I'm not. Take no offense, but I will explain it again quickly. It's all just a rehash from above theough.

The reason I mentioned "gotta fire up the skid steers" in this thread was because we were going to get 12"-15" of snow. That's a lot of snow and the skidsteers work better than trucks in that situation.

Also, when we get 12" of snow in a 24 hr period, there is no salting going on until the very very end. So we don't salt by hand when the skid is used. And this is also the reason that it won't matter if you park in the far back of a lot.

When things are winding down, the plow truck can go in an clear the last remaining couple inches and easily push it into the corner because the skidder piled up all the snow off the lot (if needed). Then they get salted. These are events where multiple trips need to be made through out the storm anyway.

Yes, I have used the cabovers with a plow and also pick up trucks. They both work great and get used each time as well. But the skid steer really helps when the snow gets deep.

When we get 12" of snow, traffic is pretty much nonexistant. Traveling on a snow covered road isn't really that bad if you use basic common sense and drive the proper speed.

No hard feelings here of course. When you get a decent snow next time, go use your skid steer. I think you will be amazed at the speed.
                    a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Originally posted by btammo View Post

That works fine with a truck and an average snow. And that's how most do it with trucks. But that's one reason why the skid steer makes the job faster.

It's like mowing. Make a strip down, turn the blades off, come back, turn blades on, make another strip, turn off blades.....etc. More time consuming than mowing down, turning and coming back.

See, with a pusher or large bucket, you can go down in one direction and push the snow up and over the curb, totally off the lot. Then spin and go all the way to the other side pushing as you go.....then pile it up outside the other curb.

While a truck is backing all the way up moving no snow, the skid steer is pushing a whole new line of the white death.
                      a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

No offense at all, hell, i was the one asking the questions

I have used the skid in amazingly deep snow when I had to and it made short work of it where my trucks would have been still there working on it. They each have there place for sure.....thanks for the info. Good reading how other operations are doing things.

Brad

Comment

Working...
                        X