Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great job Toro...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great job Toro...

    So I bought a new snowblower this year to add to the snow fleet. I already had two 2450 units. I love them despite the fact frequent scraper bar and paddle replacements are required, not to mention occasional lower blower housing. But when used commercially what would one expect?

    It seems Toro is phasing out the 2450 units as they are harder to find. I opted for a 221. This new blower has been used in two snowfalls now. After the first the starter rope apparently was rubbing against the plastic housing causing it to fray. I took the rope out of the guide so it could sit inside the hole to prevent wear, but now I'm told the rope is cutting grooves in to plastic when pulled to start.

    What a colossal design flaw when designing a product to replace something tried and true. With two snows in I'm left wondering about the rest of unit. On the bright side, the scraper bar looks like it ought to hold up better......maybe.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

    Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

  • #2
    Don't you just hate having to fix a manufacturer's design flaws? The major players are too tight to do the proper r & d on their products so they let the end users do it for them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sjessen View Post
      Don't you just hate having to fix a manufacturer's design flaws? The major players are too tight to do the proper r & d on their products so they let the end users do it for them.
      Nothing was wrong with the 2450 housing. I assume the 2450 and 210 are based on the same frame(?). Why did they have to change up the housing? It's like eating pie and then it turns into ****.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

      Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

      Comment


      • #4
        I Can Relate To That...............

        Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
        It's like eating pie and then it turns into ****.
        if i ever get my stash of SALSA i sure as hell hope it ain't like eating sheot........................

        steve-o
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

        Comment


        • #5
          Mm we have ben running the 221 since early last year,the scraper is better but not much, maybe two to three storms instead of one. You will still have the pain in the ass changing of the paddles and the housing is less likely to get damaged but i have already had to bang mine out once. Also, the shoot is retarded. They made it more adjustable and that just translated to more little parts. I have had to just bolt it in place.
          Life ain't nothin' but *****es and MONEY. Ice Cube

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by clcare2 View Post
            Mm we have ben running the 221 since early last year,the scraper is better but not much, maybe two to three storms instead of one. You will still have the pain in the ass changing of the paddles and the housing is less likely to get damaged but i have already had to bang mine out once. Also, the shoot is retarded. They made it more adjustable and that just translated to more little parts. I have had to just bolt it in place.
            The shoot on mine is the same as on my 2450 units. Maybe they realized they goofed and went old school?

            So I've since realized the 221 are 21" units, whereas the old 2450s are 20". Whoop-de-do. Does the 221 use the same paddles as the 2450? I wouldn't know, haven't had to replace them yet. Seems kinda retarded to widen the blower housing an inch and leave the paddles the same. But I did notice the scraper bar is getting bet up so I bought two replacements to have on hand.
            2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

            Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
            Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

            Comment


            • #7
              i don't know why they don't come out with a tiny blower like the old powerlites. Those things are the tits. I have that fits between my cab and v-box spreader. Less than 40lbs so I can throw it over the side of my truck and use it on tiny walks that the sidewalk crew doesn't have on their list (and so my ass doesn't have to shovel). Sucks that body parts are hard to find for them now.
              oooooooooo yyyyeah
              some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

              living the life of a rockstar

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by highlander316 View Post
                i don't know why they don't come out with a tiny blower like the old powerlites. Those things are the tits. I have that fits between my cab and v-box spreader. Less than 40lbs so I can throw it over the side of my truck and use it on tiny walks that the sidewalk crew doesn't have on their list (and so my ass doesn't have to shovel). Sucks that body parts are hard to find for them now.
                I had one of those long ago. Bought it off a neighbor for $20 I think....I was only in 4th grade or so. It was difficult to start, but did run, then again I didn't know sheot back then (probably just needed minor work). I ended up tearing it down with the belief I would use the engine for a go-cart.

                The whole thing ended up in the trash a couple months later...............................sorry.
                2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

                Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                  The shoot on mine is the same as on my 2450 units. Maybe they realized they goofed and went old school?

                  So I've since realized the 221 are 21" units, whereas the old 2450s are 20". Whoop-de-do. Does the 221 use the same paddles as the 2450? I wouldn't know, haven't had to replace them yet. Seems kinda retarded to widen the blower housing an inch and leave the paddles the same. But I did notice the scraper bar is getting bet up so I bought two replacements to have on hand.
                  the paddles are the same they just stretched them out further.
                  Life ain't nothin' but *****es and MONEY. Ice Cube

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clcare2 View Post
                    the paddles are the same they just stretched them out further.
                    Yeah, I noticed they have the same part number. But it appears they both use a different belt. That's nice....
                    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

                    Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X