Just bought a JD LX280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a JD LX280

I've been shopping for a new lawn tractor for a little while now and I've been lurking here reading things so I thought I'd join.

As the title says, last night I brought home a 2005(sold new in 06) John Deere LX280 with a 42" deck. I got it from the original owner with only 29hrs on it for $1900 and he even delivered it. It looks like new. I've got a little over an acre to mow, most of which is flat. It may be overkill for the mowing but I liked that it had some gardening attachments available and we plan to have a small garden in the future.
    Can anyone here help me with some tips on how to best take care of it? Anything I should pay special attention to? Weak points?

Thanks!
    Spit

Did the original owner supply you with the owner's manual?
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Yes, I've got the manual but they don't always tell you everything.

Comment

Keep the oil changed, keep the air filter clean, keep dirt and grass off the motor by blowing it with air and grease where needed.

Good Luck !

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by spittinfire View Post
          Yes, I've got the manual but they don't always tell you everything.
          Most owner's manuals will have a chart in the back that summerizies the maintenance schedule that lists what you do daily, monthly, yearly. Follow it to the letter and you will have a machine that runs a very long time.

If you have no manual, go online and download one.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
            X