Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Advice

    Hi,

    We recently purchase a house and looking to upgrade our yard. We live in Orlando Fl are front yard is dead lets put it this way. We know that the 2 previous owner tried to grow sod without success. the big problem ( I think) is that We have 2 massive oak tree in our front yard 4 to 5 feet diameter very tall giving us a maximum sun light of 45 min throughout the day and we just trimmed them. My front yard is fairly big around 7000 sq-ft I collect around 2500 gallon of leaf throughout the year yep not cool. So here is our dilemma Should we cut 1 or both trees to get some grass and even take the property value down and have the neighbors hate us. Or growing grass will balance the lost of the Trees for the property value. or is there any other solution... I was thinking to put down some St Augustin sapphire. thanks

  • #2
    Sapphire St. Augustine is an attractive lawn quickly prostate (horizontal) growth, purple stolon and a long-bladed knife that is folded into mature turf, giving an aspect of fine-leaved grass. Sapphire St. Augustine grass has a nice blue-green color and has excellent color retention. The weather-resistant sapphire standards. Sapphire St. Augustine grass tolerates salt, shade and drought. It performs well with less maintenance, fertilization and water. Sapphire is capable of owning an upper house of grass, due to the recovery wear and reduced weed problems.
    From time to time the consumer comes in and finds a company with the right product to suit your budget. Today could be your lucky day! You have come here to find out more about one of our premium offerings need, scope Sapphire St. Augustine grass.
    In the turf solutions, we believe that customers should be accompanied by the ideal solution for home gardening through a trusted guide to gardening supplier. Lawn Solutions consists of skilled professionals who work with gardening products, with passion. We will help in selecting the right product. For example, one of our most popular products for residential consumers is resistant sapphire St. Augustine Grass Sod. It is aimed at owners of the market, as it represents an economical alternative to more expensive lawn grasses. For maximum wear and tear, turf this solution makes sense. Account is known in the industry as an herb with a long life. You can expect your year-long color and long lasting after year. And you can forget the high maintenance costs!

    Comment


    • #3
      Can you even cut down the oaks? We have a section in town that prohibits any oaks from being removed. One guy did over a w/e and needless to say, he lost his retirement due to fines.
      The trick is to landscape your yard w/o removing the trees. You could possibly trim out a lot of the laterals letting some light in to help undergrowth and I'm sure the soil needs lots of attention. Then find what grows well in a shaded area. If I have time I'll post a handful of plants.
      Do us all a favor and take a handful of pictures from several angles and I'm sure the ideas will flood in.
      If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

      Comment


      • #4
        You will have to done levelling and find composition of soil to make suitable things creatiions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Proper levelling and information about your area's soil composition to make proper maintenance of your yard.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Can you even cut down the oaks? We have a section in town that prohibits any oaks from being removed. One guy did over a w/e and needless to say, he lost his retirement due to fines.
            The trick is to landscape your yard w/o removing the trees. You could possibly trim out a lot of the laterals letting some light in to help undergrowth and I'm sure the soil needs lots of attention. Then find what grows well in a shaded area. If I have time I'll post a handful of plants.
            Do us all a favor and take a handful of pictures from several angles and I'm sure the ideas will flood in.
            Why are you insecure about your flag? Any dobut in mind?
            new york city injury lawyers

            Comment


            • #7
              no insecurities here,,, HA!
              If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

              Comment


              • #8
                Then it's good. And don't mind...I just asked it.
                new york city injury lawyers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh..though I feel sorry for that guy, yet it's good to know that removing Oaks has been prohibited. It's no doubt important to save them.
                  new york city injury lawyers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why is a spammer still posting nonsense here?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Some idle people just want to interfere in others' discussion...That's sad.
                      new york city injury lawyers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Advice

                        eeping a lawn beautiful all season long does not need to be complicated Ė keep grass lawn care and maintenance simple with this quick and easy primer.

                        So much of caring for a lawn and plants in the landscape comes down to knowing what needs to be done and when to do it.

                        Timing can make a big difference. Like Lawn Watering. The look of the grass and turf can make the maintenance aspect a struggle or a breeze.

                        For a lawn that looks great and holds up year round master these lawn care basics.
                        Lawn Watering

                        Water is becoming a bigger issue around the country. Mother Nature doesnít always do her part in keeping the lawn watered well. However, thatís what underground sprinkler systems are for.

                        Itís impossible for me to give you a perfect daily watering schedule on how frequently to irrigate your lawn Ė this article on >>> lawn watering <<< may help.

                        The diversity of areas and soils hold moisture differently. Various grass types require different watering needs. On top of that, lawns require changes to irrigation schedules as seasons change.

                        In grass lawn care, determining when to water is much easier if you let the grass tell you. When grass starts to wilt it is time to water. When leaf blades begin to fold and footprints remain visible long after they have been made.

                        The quantity of water applied to a lawn is critical when determining if enough water is applied to wet the entire root zone. That plays a major factor in determining how deep a root system will grow. Giving the lawn a quick drink every day or so only surface waters the soil.

                        This does not allow the water penetrate deep enough to build strong deep roots. Infrequent irrigation for longer periods of time allows the water to reach a depth of 4 to 6 inches. This encourages deep root growth and healthy turf able to handle periods of drought.

                        Including rainfall, lawns need an inch or two of water per week to thrive. Using a rain gauge will help determine how much additional watering will be required.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's Some Serious Sheot There Folks.........

                          Originally posted by rockymountain View Post
                          eeping a lawn beautiful all season long does not need to be complicated Ė keep grass lawn care and maintenance simple with this quick and easy primer.

                          So much of caring for a lawn and plants in the landscape comes down to knowing what needs to be done and when to do it.

                          Timing can make a big difference. Like Lawn Watering. The look of the grass and turf can make the maintenance aspect a struggle or a breeze.

                          For a lawn that looks great and holds up year round master these lawn care basics.
                          Lawn Watering

                          Water is becoming a bigger issue around the country. Mother Nature doesnít always do her part in keeping the lawn watered well. However, thatís what underground sprinkler systems are for.

                          Itís impossible for me to give you a perfect daily watering schedule on how frequently to irrigate your lawn Ė this article on >>> lawn watering <<< may help.

                          The diversity of areas and soils hold moisture differently. Various grass types require different watering needs. On top of that, lawns require changes to irrigation schedules as seasons change.

                          In grass lawn care, determining when to water is much easier if you let the grass tell you. When grass starts to wilt it is time to water. When leaf blades begin to fold and footprints remain visible long after they have been made.

                          The quantity of water applied to a lawn is critical when determining if enough water is applied to wet the entire root zone. That plays a major factor in determining how deep a root system will grow. Giving the lawn a quick drink every day or so only surface waters the soil.

                          This does not allow the water penetrate deep enough to build strong deep roots. Infrequent irrigation for longer periods of time allows the water to reach a depth of 4 to 6 inches. This encourages deep root growth and healthy turf able to handle periods of drought.

                          Including rainfall, lawns need an inch or two of water per week to thrive. Using a rain gauge will help determine how much additional watering will be required.
                          glad we got you here..........

                          steve-o
                          "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would suggest you to consult a good landscaping company in your area. They will definitely provide you best solutions. Good luck!!!
                            Landscaping Killeen

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I Wish I Would Of Thought That.........

                              Originally posted by lorencarls View Post
                              I would suggest you to consult a good landscaping company in your area. They will definitely provide you best solutions. Good luck!!!
                              i feel so silly sometimes.............

                              steve-o
                              "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X