Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure washer+truck vac = carpet cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer+truck vac = carpet cleaner?

I had a wild idea... take my pressure washwer, put a herbicide low pressure regulator on it and route the dump back to my tank.

Then take my truck vac, slap an 8 inch cap on the end, drill a 2 inch hole in it, glue on some pipe, add some vacuum hose and boom... instant extractor.

Add on a Rotovac powerwand, and viola, instant hot water commercial carpet cleaner.

While your at it extract it to the lawn I'm sure all the crap you suck up would be a great fertilizer. 3 in one deal - I'm looking in to this

Originally posted by Jared_Smith
    I had a wild idea... take my pressure washwer, put a herbicide low pressure regulator on it and route the dump back to my tank.

Then take my truck vac, slap an 8 inch cap on the end, drill a 2 inch hole in it, glue on some pipe, add some vacuum hose and boom... instant extractor.

Add on a Rotovac powerwand, and viola, instant hot water commercial carpet cleaner.

Comment

Thats a Rube Goldberg if I ever saw one. It would probably work though.

Comment

Carpet cleaning "truck mount" units deliver water and/or cleaning solution at 300+ PSI (when properly run), and at a very high temperature. You don't mention where your backwoods setup will heat the water, or to what temperature. Also, your truck vacuum is designed to deliver a high-volume (large airflow) shallow vacuum, where a unit for cleaning carpets uses a much lower volume, but much deeper vacuum.

Carpet cleaning is a good money-making industry. Unfortunately, it too is full of scrubs, lowballers, and people who just plain do not know what they are doing. If one ventures into this line of work, I suggest moving to where there are floods, hurricanes, etc. There will always be work in those areas.

Woody
        Woody

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty." ---Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ---Abraham Lincoln

Comment

yeah like were im living!!

Comment

Originally posted by Woody
            Carpet cleaning "truck mount" units deliver water and/or cleaning solution at 300+ PSI (when properly run), and at a very high temperature. You don't mention where your backwoods setup will heat the water, or to what temperature.

My pressure washer is a large skid mount unit with an adjustable thermostat 400,000 BTU kerosine fired burner on it. Hi temps are no problem.

Also, your truck vacuum is designed to deliver a high-volume (large airflow) shallow vacuum, where a unit for cleaning carpets uses a much lower volume, but much deeper vacuum.

Right. I thought about taking some 6" PVC pipe, and attaching it to the intake manifold and continue with it on inside the blower till its nearly right up against the impeller. Then slap a 2" reduction bushing on the inside of the pipe and see what happens.

Carpet cleaning is a good money-making industry. Unfortunately, it too is full of scrubs, lowballers, and people who just plain do not know what they are doing. If one ventures into this line of work, I suggest moving to where there are floods, hurricanes, etc. There will always be work in those areas.

Ain't that the way it is with all self employment lines of work?

Woody

Comment

Re: Pressure washer+truck vac = carpet cleaner?

Hi
              Which is the best carpet cleaning kelowna??

Comment

I suggest moving to where there are floods, hurricanes, etc. There will always be work in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared_Smith View Post

Add on a Rotovac powerwand, and viola, instant hot water commercial Carpet and upholstery cleaning service .
                  Hello
                  Is this idea really worked ?

Comment

Working...
                  X