Trimming Hedges, How Much $$$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimming Hedges, How Much $$$?

Hi everybody. I am basically new to the business and am wondering what a good price would be to charge for trimming hedges. The job will probably take me an hour and a half to do w/ hand trimmers (don't have the gas powered one yet :p). It is a pretty straight forward job, she just wants them evened up and shaped a little. I'm not cutting them back real far. Any idea on what I should charge? I was thinking about $30, does that sound fair?

I would be more liek in the $50 to $75 range New or not be fair and price accordingly and under estimate or underbid urself outa money good luck
    paul

Comment

30.00.. that's too cheap. more like "not under" 60.00. did you figure in cleaning it up, what are you doing with the clippings.

depends on how big they are. i charge 3.00 per shrub abd if they're really big it could be as much as 8.00. 30.00 is way too cheap in my book, but if you have quoted her already... ouch.

cjm

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnguy6340
        Hi everybody. I am basically new to the business and am wondering what a good price would be to charge for trimming hedges. The job will probably take me an hour and a half to do w/ hand trimmers (don't have the gas powered one yet :p). It is a pretty straight forward job, she just wants them evened up and shaped a little. I'm not cutting them back real far. Any idea on what I should charge? I was thinking about $30, does that sound fair?
        since you are only using hand trimmers you can only do so much damage with them as far as cleanup.....you will prob be able to put debris in your trunk and dump it in the woods somewhere......your $30 will be enough...and you'll get good experience.....once you step up your game and do some gas powered trimming/chainsaw and handsaw work you don't wanna overcharge and leave with only a handtrimmer job done

Comment

$30 is good if you already quoted it, but if not, i'd tac another 10 bucks on for the dicomfort your arms will be in following all that chopping lol. then take the money and put it towards some gas powered toys. They do a cleaner, more consistant job, people will appreciate and respect that level of professionalism, and you'll be able to get more for your future jobs. Good luck, man Hawk

Comment

I'd at least get a pair of electric hedge trimmers. The customer should have somewhere you can plug in. Doing them by hand is ridiculous in my opinion, unless you're sculpting them.

Comment

Working...
            X