No announcement yet.

Cant open air breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point of the post? If you have one.
    GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Comment

Originally posted by GeeVee

GeeVee

Is there ever a real point to any of Trouts posts??

knowltondata

I will agree with Trout on this one. There is no hatred between us. I find Trout both amusing and obnoxious at the same time. However if he has balls, he could dangerous.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Today at 11:18 I was staring down the crosshairs at 30 yds of mulch and 100 flats of annuals,,, running a 100+ hr day between 2 sites. Both sites each broke 10k in writing.

At 11:18 BeeGee was here on the forum wondering what my point is w/ my post on my thread.
        SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
        Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
        www.lawnbook.com
        www.lawnservicing.com
        Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
        Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
        Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
        Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
        NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Good Boy, you go get em, 10k each is a big job for you.....

For your sake, I hope you have a decent net.

I have already done this sort of thing you describe, and tired of it. Certainly wasn't hard to do, and the only challenges I had when running my (Landscaping) business was to see how efficient the team was.

But, Beach and Dune Erosion and Restoration was a different story, and I had that completely sewn up.

I am still getting calls from places such as Puerto Rico, Barbados, the Carolinas, Texas, Mexico for privately funded, and certain Govt agencies.

Alas, I am still in this niche, but now on the other side, where I have great satisfaction.

You keep chasing the dollar, SeaUrchin, because that's all you know, and all you have going for you. (and I'm being generous)

ME? I'm on the sunny side of fourty, have everything I need, so I don't have to "get after it" anymore. I do what I do because I LOVE it, not because I HAVE to. My wife and I could both retire right now......

Don't even bother.

Comment

My wife and I could both retire right now......
            Ya,,, you just keep tellin yourself that.
            www.lawnbook.com
            www.lawnservicing.com

""POYMIT"

Comment

Well, we DO have two younger children. 9 and 12. But, their college is paid for.....

I do have some land I still need to pay for, a mortgage that we keep alive, and a truck I barely use.

But, yes, I could sit back and do nothing and not suffer. Done it before and am too restless. I have other assets that have been fully paid for.

How about you? You actually OWN anything?

Comment

GeeVee

There Comes a point in your life when all your responsibilities are gone and you have enough money to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Who cares what the other jerks are doing. Enjoy life.

Last night I ran into a guy who works for Publix Super Market chain for the last 31 years. Many of those years in management. He is now a shelf stocker for $ 12.00 an hour and happy as heck. He has no stress and could care less about the problems of the world. Life is TOOOOO short to worry about the little stuff. You can't take it with you.

Comment

Well, we DO have two younger children. 9 and 12. But, their college is paid for.....

I do have some land I still need to pay for, a mortgage that we keep alive, and a truck I barely use.

But, yes, I could sit back and do nothing and not suffer. Done it before and am too restless. I have other assets that have been fully paid for.

How about you? You actually OWN anything?

No,, i dont own anything. Ive been busting my ass in this industry making over 100k per year for all these years and havent been able to come up w/ anything.

Mr. Ric,
                  One of your more intelligent posts.
                  www.lawnbook.com
                  www.lawnservicing.com

""POYMIT"

Comment

Originally posted by Seascape
                    Mr. Ric,
                    One of your more intelligent posts.

Seamen

All my posts are intelligent. You just don't have enough common sense to realize that.

I traveled the Yellow Brick Road for many years, only to find that money is not true happiness. Burn Out is kind of a strange feeling. If you have followed a Career that you really enjoyed then you don't want to completely get away from it. It becomes part you. The day to day grind becomes very unrewarding so you get out of it and look for other ways to express your self in that career. Fortunately Money is not a problem for me, although I am not going jet setting with Paris Hilton. Therefore I will look for ways to express myself in this industry on a unsteady bases. Partying is now 1st on the list and if I have enough time and energy left over then maybe I will do some work. The neighbor down the street has a diesel pusher for sale and I might just buy it and drive around the country looking at green Industry operation.

Comment

Mike has a real nice $35 digital camera and/or an early case of Parkinson's disease.

lorenzo piedra revolutionizing the commercial grounds maintenance industry since 1987*

"if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine"

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzo piedra
                        Mike has a real nice $35 digital camera and/or an early case of Parkinson's disease.

Professor Stone

I like to scale before filleting my fish. You seem to like ripping the skin off.

Comment

Ya i know,, something about those sucessful operations making people rich. They just up and walk away from em!,,, Seen it a million times.

I just dont get it,,, things are great,,, makin money,,, and they just up and walk away. Damned if i know.
                          www.lawnbook.com
                          www.lawnservicing.com

""POYMIT"

Comment

seaman

It is called BURN OUT and happens to those who actually are making money than those who are not. You have to have some money if you are going to walk away completely. A lot of younger Guys will sit for a few years and then go back into a completely unrelated business. Which they are normally successful at also. A former partner in the Sod Business reach Burn Out and we sold off the big trucks. He went into the Vending machine business putting Mega Touch Game machines in Bars. He is doing great with them and I am Kicking Myself for not taking him up on being a silent partner with him on this also. But truth was he was makeing great money when he walked way from the sod business. He also walked away from 4 am wake up calls to drive to the sod farm and late afternoon sales calls. There comes a point where you reach your comfort level. The point is not when you have a ton of bills to pay. I guess it also has to do with one own confidants on their ability to make money any time they wish.

Yes I am in BURN OUT myself right now and at my age I will call it retirement because I don't think I will go back into business full time per say. A year ago and one less heart attack I wanted to work the rest of my life. Interesting how the fact of life can change your attitude.

Comment

Walked away, who Me?

I sold routes and equipment from my landscaping company.

And sold the Beaches Company.

I still have a couple of routes and more equipment than you for landscape maintenance operations. All paid for, with ROI coming in, and licensing and insurances all squared away.

I still also have an interest in a manufacturing company....... You have any debris bags on your equipment?

I cleaned up seeing each of these had no debt, only assests and good will.

Don't be jealous.

YOU HAVE to work. I don't.

I do not have an extravagant lifestyle, by choice.

I do what I do because I really enjoy it. If I ever decide I don't, I'm gone. You don't even know what an exit strategy is, let alone are able to put yourself in a position to exercise one.

I've already done it once, at 36. And now, don't need one.

Sorry about your luck, or inadequacies, holding you down.

Comment

SO, I was right about the wing nuts.....

What a geek.

Simple problem, you had to come here to figure it out.......

Comment

Working...
                                X