Scag/ZTR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scag/ZTR question

Please bear with me. I thought I'd come to the site where the "professionals" go to and ask a question.

First of all, I'm a homeowner.

I currently have 7 acres of grass to mow on a weekly basis (new house with more farming land as well). I'm doing this by pushmower. Needless to say, this is getting old quick.

Tractor for the time being is out of the question, started to look at ZTR's.

Rode and "fell in love" with a Scag tiger cub.

Price seems good.

I do have a little "valley" on the side of the house, and the area where there use to be a horse stall has some tractor ruts on the lawn.

Keep in mind this "lawn" was once used for pasture (cattle) so the lawn isn't in the most "pristine" condition.

Point being that with the pushmower, it does get pretty "bumpy" in areas.

I was just wondering how the ZTR would handle this "abuse".

Any comments would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Scag is the most durrable machine out there. Step up to the Turf Tiger instead of the cub. You will be glad you did. They are shaft driven instead of belt driven. Also for bumpy areas invest the extra 400 for the suspension seat.

Comment

I agree with emmickslawncare's reply. I have a Turf Tiger and it is the Mercedes of em all. I live in Michigan and I do plenty of acerage. Some of which is a bit rough for others but not for me and my Scag. Do the right thing and you won't regret it. You'll never be happer with any machine but this one. I've got 20 years of riding under my belt on several different machines and I can't say enough about this one. I even use it on some of my small residential lots just because I can't stay off the thing!

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
      X