Snow blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow blowing

What do you guys charge on average for the average size residential drive(2 car width and about 30 feet long) for snowblowing in the winter? I want to get my bids out soon to my customers. I did some last year but just on the side and charged anywhwere from $25 - $35. I'm thinking that $35 should be the lowest I should go, especially with gas prices today. Let me know. Thanks. Oh, what do you charge to salt, also?

well it depends id do this
    1-3' $30.00
    4-6" $40.00
    over 6' 40 plus 20.00 per 2 in
    paul

Comment

on this size drive in central michigan {2 car width and about 30 feet long} it would be $30.00 that i would charge
      www.riverofhopechristianchurch.org
      Budget Lawn Care
      1996 GMC
      6x10 enclosed trailer
      Better Super Duty Mowers
      Stihl Trimers, Blowers,& edger
      Clare Michigan 989-339-0132

Comment

Originally posted by PTLlandscapingIL
        well it depends id do this
        1-3' $30.00
        4-6" $40.00
        over 6' 40 plus 20.00 per 2 in
        I hope you meant inches not feet(') in that 1-3 range!

Comment

What abour small aprtment buildings? I haev 2 properties...one that is a 6 - 8 unit apartment building and a state farm office both with about 10-12 car capacity and sidewalks to the building. I'm probably going to get a plow for these...What to charge? Thanks...I want to get my bids in on these soon.

Comment

No one on this???

Comment

mariner if you plowing with the truck Id go
              1-3" $100.00
              4-6" $150.00
              over 6" 150.00 Plus 30.00 per 2 in
              Includes walks

Salt i charge .20 cents per pound
              paul

Comment

Thanks dude!

Comment

Around here, $100 for a 10-12 car lot would be a little too much. It would likely be closer to $70. Maybe cheaper from some guys. Salting is extra.

We only do small lots like that when they are very close to the shop. Like just a few minutes away. They don't take long at all.
                  a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k
                    Around here, $100 for a 10-12 car lot would be a little too much. It would likely be closer to $70. Maybe cheaper from some guys. Salting is extra.

We only do small lots like that when they are very close to the shop. Like just a few minutes away. They don't take long at all.

Do you write it up as an extra charge to go back to lots like that to clear where cars have moved from or to bust the berm?

How about you Paul? Does your price include that touch up or is it an extra?

Keep this in mind Mariner...typicaly on apartments, I have had to clean the aisles and any bare spots at night and go back during the day to clear the opened spots
                    Thanks guys.

Comment

Salt @ $0.20 per lb

How much salt do you typically put down per sq ft of surface?

Comment

Originally posted by MGO
                        Salt @ $0.20 per lb

How much salt do you typically put down per sq ft of surface?

yeah how do you charge per pound? you weigh every time you do a driveway? I charge $10 if they want th esidewalks and all salted, dont salt any driveways since i dont have a big spreader.

I charged last year $35-$65 for driveways, the $65 were two 60-90ft driveways, those should be more like $80+... i undercharged definitely.

right now in nj im in the area of $35 for 1-6" driveways upto 40ft lenght and 2 wide, including sidewalks, if its 7-12" its $45, if its 13-18" its $60, if its 19-25" its 70 and 26-30" are $80, any more snow than that is a price per area since any more than 30" snow is probably drifting and could be goddam 4 feet. Plus know what your machines are capable of, if you advertised say any driveways $40 and then got 35" of snow or something nuts, many people would be mad you wanted $80 because of the amount. If my snowblower cant do more than 28" hight without going really slow, then after 28" it gets expensvie since im wasting more time then.

I had people last year tipping me $15 just for doing 10ft of sidewalk their husbands couldnt do, or one of my customers their neighbors had 10~ feet of their sidewalk left, so i did my customers sidewalk all the way through the neighbors just so its cleared out and nice looking, that lady gave me a $20, said her husband was gonna have aheart attack if he stayed out any longer... I had TONS of people looking at me like i was unloading gold out of my truck with a big snowblower, guys were standing there with their shovels watching me do a driveway from road to garage door 30+ ft long in 6 minutes while theyve been outside shoveling since 8am and its now noon time lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X