New to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site

Hey guys, new to the site....I've been in business for four years now. Just run a part time Lawn/Landscape business. I have 14 yards and spend around 12 hours a week on them. I'm looking to retire from my real job in August 2008 and plan on upscaling my business then. I'm currently running a Gravely 260z, but have had a 220 Grasshopper and started out with walk behind John Deere and Scagg.

I do have a question I'd like answered. A couple of my yards were hit hard with this years drought. There are big dead spots. I'd like to re-seed them and have planned on using an aerator first, then seeding. Could someone tell me what would be the best way to go about this and recommend a good seed. I live in South Central Kentucky so our summers are very hot and dry. The yards that need seeding have no shade. Do I need to place straw over the dead spots after reseeding and how soon after seeding should fertilizer be added? Appreciate anyone taking the time to answer, and look forward to sharing information on the site.

Welcome to the site, BadBrad!, Sounds liek your on the right track..aerate, add top soil if needed, seed, and then maybe use some starter fertilizer, which i am pretty sure you don't have to wait all that long after seeding to apply. Don't know what the standard seed is down your way, but Scotts makes a good line of seeds, all for differant types of lawn areas ie: high traffic, sunny/ shaded areas ect.. try their web site, probly some good info on there about seed and seeding/fertilizing too. as far as the straw, i'm not sure so i can't comment. but good luck, man, and hope this helped ya some. hawK

Comment

Thanks Hawk, I'll give it a try....with the cooler weather and hopefully some rain...I'm sure I can bring the yards back.

Comment

Working...
      X