holiday lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday lighting

does anyone have any sample ads that they ran for holiday lighting and snow removal. I was planing to run a ad in a specific area and looking to ideas. Prolly an insert in the paper. I was thinking a red piece of paper, lights around the border etc. Maybe a 3 tier option ie. standard($399), deluxe($599) and premium packages($999) Just to give an idea of the neighborhood, snow removal for just driveways start at $75 for 2-4 inches. 30ft drive. sidewalks another $25. I was thinking of having the first "premium" 50 new customers get a free santa, those light up ones or something similar. Need to send off the ad this week. Any ideas, im trying to get the creative juices flowing. The ad will be two color on red cardstock....thanks
    --- Chris
    mowlawns@gmail.com

chris i did some holiday decor last year and it sucks......if you wnana make the money in this and year i knwo a compnay they has made over 100,000 2 years ago doing it you need to get in rich areas morht sore town liek willmette winneka,highland park deerfield...i did a few last year and i wont do it the same as i did last year im gonn aline up a ton of trhem and rent a skyjacker lift and do it right
    paul

Comment

My target area is hindsdale, burr ridge, western springs. I already have about 140 customers but i am trying to expand the route in this area.
      --- Chris
      mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

yeah chris that area is perfact oak brook 2
        paul

Comment

did you do any advertising or is it just word of mouth and lawn customers?
          --- Chris
          mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

How do you bid the lighting jobs? Hourly? Do you charge your standard rate or up it do to the risk of being on a ladder? Thanks for any input!
            bt

Comment

Labor rate of $65 per hr is what i basis it on, hopefully i wont be on a ladder this year. I am working to buy or rent a boom truck to make it faster and safer.
              --- Chris
              mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

chris ther eis an article im tryin gto find i got it out of the tribune like 2 or 3 years ago it jsut explains how these company are making a killing off holiday decore...i got 3 jobs lined up in park ridge and yes advertising would be good get a flyer made up and when you roll up to do one job word get outs quick....make sure you pace ur self quick cause most people want there stuff up by the 6th of dec so between thanksgiving and dec 6th u could be one busy man
                paul

Comment

chris one more thing 3buttrey rentals on adgen will rent a tow behind sky jacker for 200 bucks a day so it would be well worth it if u price it right
                  paul

Comment

i found a place in lemont and it is $1200 for a tow behind for the month. Last year we were doing lights up until christmas eve. But the customers we have on the list now we are already starting on.
                    --- Chris
                    mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

really,starting now wow... yeah i knwo there are a few companys from chicago bigones liek christy webber...who go to shemins and buy like 200 wreths and 400 christmas trees for house and buildingss big money im working on getting my way into it more...whats the name of that place outta lemont i wouldnt mind lookign into rentign one eitherher
                      paul

Comment

Working...
                      X