Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What impact has snow plowing made 4 your biz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What impact has snow plowing made 4 your biz?

I am a second year guy in Missouri and I think plowing would be a great money maker for my biz. I want some advice about getting started.

Is plowing a major contributer to your business imcome in winter, and how much of an impact would this make for my biz? I know it makes a difference depending on snow fall.

I have seen lots of plows recently here and I want to produce more income during jan and feb. Any advice, thanks.
    Im goanna get rich, how about you?

I have never done this, but I do know that insurance costs are very high on snow plowing. Without insurance, don't even think about doing it. There are way too many things that can go wrong driving around in snow or moving snow across areas where uncertainty exists underneath. As for the money though, it is an emergency type job, and from what I hear, the pay is high. You just need to pray for snow.

Comment

Missouri doesn't get very much snow, so I don't know if it would be worth it.. You might make a little bit of profit off it, but not nearly as much as those of us in NY and other nothern states..

Good Luck
      Steve
      Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
      www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

Snow removal is a great way to make extra money.
        1) remember it is extra money.
        2) do not budget to pay bills from snow removal (it might not snow)
        3) if yer gonna do parking lots etc. buy an older 4x4 and put a plow
        on it. rember to buy an extra scraper blade for the plow , cause
        ya may need it.
        4) if ya got a bobcat or other skid steer just sitting around put it
        to use. $55.00 per hr will keep you smiling.[]
        5) don't forget to offer side walk clearing $10.00-15.00 per man per
        hr. and if you have ice a nice 40-0-0 fertilizer will take care of
        it, at $20.00 per bag .

Comment

Mr. Popper,
          What is the average number of storms in your area? ... even if there are under 6 storms a year, somebody needs to plow it, sand it, put down ice controls ... I think the investment in a plow and sander would more than pay for itself and lead into other bizz contacts/work from doing it. Just don't bank on it, but be ready to take advantage if it comes.

Insurance wise ... check with your insurance people, ask them the cost of adding a snow plowing (rider) to existing policy.

Comment

Working...
          X