Landscape lighting, if you don't offer it, your losing money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscape lighting, if you don't offer it, your losing money

First off I just wanted to say that I'm not a bragger and I normally don't toot my own horn but I just wanted to share this with youse guys if you're looking for different cash avenues.

I do my fair share of quick little landscape lighting gigs and make over $125 an hour putting this easy stuff in. My average gig takes total 10hours from design, to ordering, installing.

Recently I was just handed this sweet 3 part lighting gig at an HOA that I do a lot of work at. Two community pools (part 1 & 2); ups, downs, and paths for a total of 77 lights. The 3rd part is a long pathway that connects one side of the compound to the other, over a 100 fixtures. When I'm done with this job I estimate that I could pay cash for a new Toyota Tacoma 4x4 crewcab and use it as a spare tire for my 1ton 4x4 dodge dualie, if I so chose so. (Acutually I'm looking at getting a mini w/b skid)

Now you most likely won't be selling this stuff in your middle class neighborhoods. You'll have to target your upper scale neighborhoods and toss around phrases like; "Kichler" (snooty people really love that stuff), "contractor grade materials", and "night demo".

Prequalify them with a $100 non-refundable night demo discounted from their invoice if they choose to buy. Keeps the b/s'ers separate from the real deal.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

While this is so true, please check with your community/county/state about any special requirements you may need to look at and be aware of. 24 volt is basically harmless, but in some localities like WA State, you need a licensed electrician to install a plug in transformer and to inspect your installation.

As in any electrical install, know what you are doing or you may be part of KFC's line up.

Comment

I just started doing lights a few weeks ago, and it is like an ATM machine. This will be one service that I push very hard next year. I hope to have two guys doing this fulltime. I am getting a min of $235 a fixture plus a $1 for every watt (ie 550 watt transformer= cost of $550) Look into it guys, it is def worth a try.
      --- Chris
      mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

My average gig

Uhhh.......He said "gig". Uhh, hu,hu,hu!!

Seriously Scott, thanks for sharing! Great info. I really like the idea of lighting, but don't have the market for it.
        Jeeps are like women.....much more fun with their TOPS OFF!

A society that rewards based on need creates needy citizens. A society that rewards based on ability creates able ones.

Do you guys think Obama is going to kiss us after he is done with us or is he going to put on his belt and head out the door?

Comment

Hi chriscampbell,

Do you have any pictures of your displays? I would love to see them.
          Free LCO Contracts - Free Flyer and Door Hanger Templates - Free Web Templates - Marketing Secrets

Comment

i am in flordia right now doing a customers winter house and we are doing the lighting here. i will post a pic towards the end of next week. and we i get back to chicago i will put a few more up
            --- Chris
            mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X