snow removal by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow removal by hand

about how mutch do you charge for residential snow removal with shovel per sq. yard with an income of around $40,000-$45,000 per year

Are you kidding ???

Originally posted by Smoot
    about how mutch do you charge for residential snow removal with shovel per sq. yard with an income of around $40,000-$45,000 per year
    I would charge $1000 fer sq ft by shovel.....

If the light bulb goes off in your head you will realize there is much more potential profit, and productivity, in using a engine powered snow-blower, or plow of some kind to remove snow in the 21`st century....

Of coarse this is just my opinion ,and some may also choose to cut lawns with scissors, or knives if they are living in the 17th century !!!!

Sincerely, TRANNY..........
    GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Originally posted by TRANSMAN

Of coarse this is just my opinion ,and some may also choose to cut lawns with scissors, or knives if they are living in the 17th century !!!!

Sincerely, TRANNY..........
      Sheep are better than those.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Very True!!!

Originally posted by Sammy
        Sheep are better than those.
        That's very true sammy ,maybe someone sells thirsty sheep ,and they could also lap up all the snow...

SMOOT: Sorry pal, but after rereading my earlier post, i now realize my above comment was very unhelpful to your question ,and comes across somewhat as a smart a$$ remark...

I really am just trying to point out that i think shoveling snow to earn money will be a back breaking, body wearing out Odyssey, and you will quickly fall behind anyone using a engine driven snow blowing device of any sort...

That's why i made the scissor/ knife analogy because in a forum such as this where fellas want to be professional ,and raise the bar of their services the poor guys just starting out with homeowner type lawnmowers get laughed at, beaten, or ignored if they admit they are using a craftsman mower to make a quick buck...So in my opinion, i don't think you`ll get much response or advice pertaining to how to price snow shovelling ....

I may be wrong!!!!

Anywho:

Use the search feature above, and type snow blower ,and maybe you can find some advice on some productive models that you can possibly afford....

I think some of the guys previously mentioned the new, and lighter Toro units...Woody mentioned the Model 3650, and 38600 units "i believe" in a thread further down, and his advice is always very good...

Good luck regardless ,TRANNY..........
        GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Originally posted by Smoot
          I hope you have enough endurance...

For $40-45K a year why not buy a small fleet of snow blowers to replace the $10 snow shovel?
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

So apparently I am making up for lost time spent from this site tonight.....

Anyhow, to provide you with a better answer. Here is my opinion...

Shoveling drives by hand will not earn you $45,000. Theoretically it COULD, but you'd have to be charging about $200 for every drive you do, which in that case you'd have one hell of a time trying to muster up even work to do.

Lets look at what you'd want to accomplish.
            To earn $45,000 per year shoveling by hand you....
            -could likely only handle 5 accounts (assuming you receive ample snowfalls)
            -would need at least 3 snowfalls a week for a 15 week period ($200 x 225 removals = $45,000)

Immediately you should have relized this is quite unreasonable to accomplish. For your sake, I sure hope you where only kidding about this whole thread.

Now, If you are serious and you truely are content with earning such money why did you not consider a snowblower?? The benefits of using a snow blower are emense. First off you will not be dead at the end of a day like you would trying to scoop and throw snow. Second, you will now have the ability to handle 30-40 accounts....which in turn frees up the amount of labor spent per drive, which in turn lowers the customers cost, which in turns lands you loads more work.

Lets calculate your unreasonable goal with using a snowblower...based on $40 a drive. Lets use the same 3 snowfalls a week asusmption...40 drives @ $40 each 3 times a week for 9 weeks. This is not exactly $45,000 a year, but is more practical than your original scenerio, but still far from reality.

Keep shouting figures and write a post once you have a way to realistically earn such amounts of money.
            2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
            Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

for our first major snowfall... during the next morning on my second time through... i started at about 4:00 in the morning.. and this was my first year using a snowblower so i found out that it was quite load and didn't want to make any customers pissed... so i had one of my employees just help and we had two shovels.. semmed to work fine.. you figure about 15 minutes per drive with a snowblower and i kept under that working two shovels.. the job seemed better and at the end of the route i still had all my energy.. but then again i am only 16 years old.. and this is for 16 res. drives...

but then again if we had two snowblowers and it was in the afternoon we would have been at a house for 5 minutes rather than 15

- Aaron

Comment

Working...
              X