Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Garage Fronted Snow Removal Machines.

Jack D. is very impressed with Mr. ba1m2x2's remote chute control and will be adding an improved knock off shortly.

However there are several features which are either lacking or poorly executed.

Please use the pic below as your reference.

1) Safety feature hinders performance and should be removed (rookie mistake)

2) AT tires used instead of proper Winter Tires

3) Prime Time Scrub 21"

4) Small tank/underpowered air

5) Is that a Summer Hydro Filter Jack D. sees ?

6) Xmark cheap Asian Rip-Off of eXmark

7) Battery too small for serious consideration or hand warmers

8) No remote spout control

9) Also unable to angle to 45° (up from 30° stock).

Jack, why not just use the blade option most of the time? Have you considered putting some wings on it so it will clear a wider path? Does it not have enough down pressure or what?

It seems it might be easier to load with just the blade as well?
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Jack D. also compliments Mr. ba1m2x2's on his lighting. Generally Jack D. does not need lighting as he works in densely populated areas with well illuminated street lights. However, after seeing Mr. ba1m2x2's fixtures, Jack D. has decided to add a JAOS Off Road lighting system for Bling Value.

Mr. Skaper is advised that there is a detachable wing attached on the right side of pictured plow and that downpressure can be increased with the removable weights (green) up to 240lbs depending on conditions.

The blowers are generally better on drives and the plows excel on walks. The reasons and conditions where each are most effective are detailed and complex. If Jack D. could chose 1 unit only it would be the blower.

The single stage Toros must not be discounted.

Good Luck

If were voting.....I vote for Mr. ba1m2x2's blower.Jack yours is nice too but Mr. ba1m2x2's is a little more impresive looking.
    I just wish i had the spare time to create such a monster!LOL!!

And byt the way you might wanna start switchin those back over to mowers.The grass is growin and the snow isnt blowin....spring is HERE!?

Balmex smoked yer punk ast Jackkie Doff.....
    GEEVEE, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

That is some nice work there Mr. 2x2. Excellent battery placement!!!

But Florida is where I need to be in the winter months.

lorenzo piedra revolutionizing the commercial grounds maintenance industry since 1987*

"if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine"

Well I accept Jack D.'s compliments as it seems as though he needs to cloak his compliments with criticism. With regards to the allegations of sub-standardism....I reply....

to point 1
    1) Safety feature hinders performance and should be removed (rookie mistake)

The only rookie mistake here would be the complete removal of safety system. I realize that there are employees out there that have the same level of common sense that Mr. Jack posseses. So I have decided that a simple modification of the safety feature as opposed to complete removal would be in everyones best interest. If Jack D reviewed the photos a little closer he would see that the safety feature has been modified with an angle grinder to correct the factory flaw. The excess bolt on the inside of the chute has been ground flush as well as the two center rods on the safety feature.

2) AT tires used instead of proper Winter Tires.

Had Mr Jack D. done any sort of serious research he would have found that the good people at Ariens use the exact same tire that I use. But at the time when I purchased these tires I did not realize Jack D. had a PhD on the subject of rubber.

3) Prime Time Scrub 21"

Jack D you are 100% correct in describing the 21" beast. I will agree with you
    that this is an inferior piece of comercial equipment. I give it 2 years max. It did however only cost me $149 bucks. Now I should have maybe purchased the toro proline or exmarks Metro 21. But to the tune of somewhere near $1100. The proline would have to last close to 14 years to be worth the money. This way...the piece of equipment that I scrubbed on was this. So while I agree with you that this unit is not a commercial unit. From a financial stand point it makes sense for me. But good eye on spotting that....It takes a true scrub to recognize this sort of device in the back ground of a photo nice work detective....your years of reading the "wheres waldo" series has finally paid off.

4) Small tank/underpowered air

Um.....What would I need a large volume air tank for. Everyone knows that a large volume tank has nothing to do with over all pressure....but rather the consistancy of the pressure. Seeing as how I am not doing any sort of professional painting.....a consistant flow of air is not needed. I simply need 90psi to run my impact and other air tools. This compressor is more than enough. In the event I need more hot air....you Mr Jack D will be commisioned for the task.

5) Is that a Summer Hydro Filter Jack D. sees ?

6) Xmark cheap Asian Rip-Off of eXmark

Both of these can be addressed as Jack D. feeling the need to add to his empty list of observations. The filter and fluid have been changed to accomedate a lower temp. Much like the battery issue on his machines. He has done the Xmark picture mod half fast...as he forgot to shade the "Exmark" logo on the gas tank along with the shading of the decal on the controls.

7) Battery too small for serious consideration or hand warmers

This statement here proves to all of us that the only thing that is truly underpowered is Jack D.'s Brain. Had Mr. Jack D. truly understood the fundamentals of DC/ electronics. He would know that the size of the battery has little to do with the current needed to power DC devices on the Exmark. What matters most is the size of the Coil being used.

The coil I use is a 13 AMP coil. when coupled with a 12V regulator the system is generating at full throttle 156 Watts. More than enough power to all that I have on the unit and if I so felt the need to keep my hands warm the 13AMP coil will provide more than enough power. A battery is needed to store the energy and to allow......much like a tank on an air compressor.....consistancy in the flow of power. The battery absorbs any spikes in power as well as subsidising any short comings the Coil may have. That is why my lights do not flicker or dim when I rotate the chute or vice versa.

And lastly the remote spout control my opinion on that has been made clear...but just to recap......it was effort focused in the wrong direction. Again that is my opinion.

So in closing Jack....you have done a great job at coming in a distant second....and after hearing some of your reasons you feel that my unit is sub standard...which were very few.... so you felt the need to include my compressor and mower into the reasons. Jack...you have proved to me that you try to mask your lack of knowledge with some fancy grammer and empty reasons about things you obviously know very little about what it is that you speak of. The battery coil issue is one example and the compressor tank size is another. we won't even go there with my choice of tire.

Jack this has been fun.....you will have to send me pics of your machine once you have brought it up to standard. Again as always....my door is always open to help assist in any way. Best of Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BayviewLawn
    If were voting.....I vote for Mr. ba1m2x2's blower.Jack yours is nice too but Mr. ba1m2x2's is a little more impresive looking.
    I just wish i had the spare time to create such a monster!LOL!!

And byt the way you might wanna start switchin those back over to mowers.The grass is growin and the snow isnt blowin....spring is HERE!?

Thanks Man...I have had alot of free time here. In southern maine this winter we have had only one snowfall worth going out on. The rest has been rain. Looking out the window now I see not a speck of snow anywhere. So I tinker and harrass Jack D. It helps pass the time.

THINK SNOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo piedra
    That is some nice work there Mr. 2x2. Excellent battery placement!!!

But Florida is where I need to be in the winter months.

Thanks....I knew you would appreciate the battery. Jackie Must have some other electronic devices that must vibrate that he is not telling us about. I can't imagine needing a giagantic battery on the back none the less....that is screaming short circuit. Oh well....some of us plan our set ups and some have to learn the hard way.