Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaper-S2k Presents His Garage Fronted Snow Removal Machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack D.

Mr. Skaper hauling around and loading /unloading a large piece of machinery w/front plow during a snow event.

I surely hope you don't think it's a large piece of equpiment Jack! It's about the same size as your Exmark with blower, and turns in the same sized circle. It's footprint is small, but it can move huge amounts of snow. And it's not a 7.5' blade. It's 7' that can be angled down much narrower.

Loading and unloading? How do you get your machine around? I drop the gate, drive off, then drive back on. No need to strap anything with the parking brake, as stated above. Heck, I bet I can even load it quicker than you Exmark! And stay warm too.

Welp, I can see that you are upset about your loss. I'm upset at myself a little. I normally don't hang out too long around losers.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Jack D. is having a difficult time taking this thread seriously especially coming from Mr. Skaper who once offered the truly insightful reflection that single stage Toros were quicker than front truck mounted plow on these types of drives. This observation was Jack D.'s only measure of respect for a Res. Hack..

If this thread is serious and not a troll, Jack D. will need the following information.

1) Price of unit shown w/plow

2) weight

3) Length

4) Width (assuming 7" was correct this need not be answered).

5) Length of truck/trailer combined.

Please provide these details.

Jack D. believes that Mr. Skaper is seeking approval for an untested machine.

Comment

I think Jack just had his head handed to him in his hat!

Good Job Scaper!!!
        Jeeps are like women.....much more fun with their TOPS OFF!

A society that rewards based on need creates needy citizens. A society that rewards based on ability creates able ones.

Do you guys think Obama is going to kiss us after he is done with us or is he going to put on his belt and head out the door?

Comment

If this thread is serious and not a troll, Jack D. will need the following information.

1) Price of unit shown w/plow

2) weight

3) Length

4) Width (assuming 7" was correct this need not be answered).

5) Length of truck/trailer combined.

Please provide these details.

Jack D. believes that Mr. Skaper is seeking approval for an untested machine.

#1. Price. $11k. Had I gone with a gas vesion, it would have been a bit under $10k...ready to roll. Your unit? $6k for the mower, and $2k for the blower, and after you add in weights, tires, batteries, hand warmers, etc, you are only $1200 cheaper......not even one snow fall's worth!

#2. Weight. This unit weighs just under 2000 pounds. It doesn't destroy turf. And weight helps in snow removal. And, le's not forget that my machine does the work, I don't need to man handle the weight.

#3. Length. It seems you are hung up on length! Look at it again on the 12' trailer. It's not very long at all.

#4. Width. The unit is narrower than your unit. The blade can be lifted up over obstacles to get into areas. I can easily plow in front of cars, and can get closer than your blower.

#5. Length of truck/trailer. This is stupid. It can fit on an 8' trailer, and can be pulled with the smallest of trucks. In the photo, it is on a 12' trailer and pulled by a compact truck. YOUR setup is the same, you pull a trailer, and your Toyota Camry is likely as long as the compact truck.

Sorry Jack, this machine wins. Take ALL of your snow equiptment and put it in a pile, stack it up on a 2' snowfall......and I will come and push it to the curb just as easily.

Next.
          a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood
            I think Jack just had his head handed to him in his hat!

Good Job Scaper!!!

I like the brown paper bag myself........PAPER OR PLASTIC!!
            Mike®
            Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at!!

Comment

For far less than 11k Mr. Skaper could have a pull plow w/2klbs of downpressure and front plow on the Frontier which would be 100 times more efficient for res drives that can be cleared w/a 7' blade.

Why is Mr. Skaper hauling around a 7' blade for these magical res drives that have space for a large blade to work around cars and do walks when the Hauling Vehicle w/Pull Plow/Front Plow would be 100 Times More Efficient ?

Jack D. is extremely disappointed in his star pupil.

Comment

Just one question.. How does the plow blade turn on that mini skid steer ? i cant see any hydraulic lines in the picture.
                Eastern Lawn Care LLC

Comment

Jack D. will present pics shortly which will eliminate Mr. Skaper from the competition.

Thank you.

Comment

Jack D., the unit is not an $11k snow plow. Duh. It get's used throughout the entire year doing tons of other things. The blade for the unit cost me $80, and fit directly on the machine with no fabricating work of any kind.

Here's why you are not bright! Ready? You say a back blade on a truck is better? But then you say it's impossible to manuever a 7' blade around cars? I can get around cars in a driveway with my skid steer, quite simple. I would like to see you take a truck with a back blade, and get in front of a car that you couldn't get in front of with a my unit. Which is it? Think before smacking the key board.

It's upsetting to see how badly you take a loss. Be a man, not a sore loser.

jt5019, the plow is normally left in the straight position, but it does have a pin that can be pulled out and angled. It's easy because you just lift the blade with the machine which takes the weight off the ground. After the pin is removed, it can be turned by hand. You don't need to fully get out of the machine to do it. But because of how manueverable this little machine is, and how short it is, there isn't much need to ever angle it. 7' isn't that wide for driveways.
                    a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k
                      Jack D., the unit is not an $11k snow plow. Duh. It get's used throughout the entire year doing tons of other things. The blade for the unit cost me $80, and fit directly on the machine with no fabricating work of any kind.

Here's why you are not bright! Ready? You say a back blade on a truck is better? But then you say it's impossible to manuever a 7' blade around cars? I can get around cars in a driveway with my skid steer, quite simple. I would like to see you take a truck with a back blade, and get in front of a car that you couldn't get in front of with a my unit. Which is it? Think before smacking the key board.

It's upsetting to see how badly you take a loss. Be a man, not a sore loser.

jt5019, the plow is normally left in the straight position, but it does have a pin that can be pulled out and angled. It's easy because you just lift the blade with the machine which takes the weight off the ground. After the pin is removed, it can be turned by hand. You don't need to fully get out of the machine to do it. But because of how manueverable this little machine is, and how short it is, there isn't much need to ever angle it. 7' isn't that wide for driveways.

Erich

You are asking a lot of Jack D. Please remember Jack D is a Newfie who drinks Black Horse Beer, when dealing with Jack D. As a Newfie, Jack D. has a lot to over come.

http://lawnserviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=15793

BTW that is a nice little skid steer and can get into tight places very good. I am sure it doesn't leave tracks on well establish turf with the right operator. What is it's Break out force and What is it's travel capacity????????????

PS. My LS 180 can handle 4,500 lb pallets of sod. But taking them off a 18 wheel is touchy. Once at ground level they travel well. The Tree boom will pull stumps with about 6,000 lbs of force.

I would think your LS 125 would pull large shrubs right out of the ground. I have a home made Lift that has 4,000 lbs of break out force and is more than ample to break out large shrubs from the ground. This of course is a real time saver when redoing a landscape. But the home made lift has very little travel capacity.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Does Mr. Skaper actually believe that there is 7' on either side of a car in a res drive to get that monstrosity through or that front walks are 7' wide ? A res. drive is not the parking lot at Arby's where these units are more likely used.

Jack D. has a Real Mans res. route consisting solely of Residential Drives. Perhaps on 10-15 of 100 the mini skid would be faster by 3-4 min.

At least Mr. Skaper has a Floridians endorsement.

Jack D. will present pics at his earliest convenience.

Good day.

Comment

Yes Ric, the machine comes in handy on all of our scaping jobs. I have posted many pictures of it ripping out shrubs, even large ones. I have also posted a few photos of it ripping out trees. It really is amazingly strong for it's size. It is rated at 700 lbs (or maybe that is 900?). But it will handle that pretty easy. It lifts high enough to dump into the back of my Isuzu with 3' sides. I think it travels at 6mph. I could have opted for the narrow tires that would have allowed it to fit through a 36" fence. But the ones on it take the machine to about 40" or so.

Snow doesn't slow it down, and I am sure you can understand how fast you can clear a driveway with a unit like this. Drive up, back drag from the garage out about 6'. Turn and push all the snow to the street. Done.

'Some people' think 7' on a machine this size is too big for driveways, but they have probably never operated a skid steer, let alone a small unit like this.

Below is our 'Mulching Setup'. You can see how small it really is next to a quad.

a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Does Mr. Skaper actually believe that there is 7' on either side of a car in a res drive to get that monstrosity through or that front walks are 7' wide ? A res. drive is not the parking lot at Arby's where these units are more likely used.

Jack D. has a Real Mans res. route consisting solely of Residential Drives. Perhaps on 10-15 of 100 the mini skid would be faster by 3-4 min.

At least Mr. Skaper has a Floridians endorsement.

Jack D. will present pics at his earliest convenience.

Good day.

Comment

Does Mr. Skaper actually believe that there is 7' on either side of a car in a res drive to get that monstrosity through.

You're having some serious problems grasping this concept Jack.

IF YOUR MACHINE WILL FIT BESIDE A CAR.......So will mine.

Mine is NARROWER than your machine. See, picture this.....I can lift the blade OFF the ground 8' in the air if needed. So my foot print of the machine is now SMALLER than your machine. If you can fit along side of a car, so can I. I don't NEED to leave the 7' blade down as I move around.

Simpler Example: I can go through a 40" gate with a 7' blade attached. A 3 year old would shake their head and cry no. But a 4 year old would say "Yeh, he can lift the blade up over the top of the gate and drive through Mommy".

Sorry Jack.
                              a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Is Mr. Skaper Plowing beside the car w/his blade 8' in the air ?

Mr. Skaper is advised to wait for the pics before digging himself a hole from which he will find no escape.

Comment

Working...
                                X