Tire Chains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Chains...

Curious as to how many of you roll on chains and studds? Went to the southern reaches of the Cascades and was rolling around on chains and 4 wheel drive...my question is: do flatlanders use tire chains or is this just a west coast thing?
    “There are some who, uh, feel like that, you know, the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is: Bring ‘em on. We got the force necessary to deal with the security situation. “ - George W. Bush, July 2, 2003.

Good Doctor

What are you smoking that would make you think Tire chains are a west coast thing only????

I actually have chains of sort here in Florida. They go my skid steer for mud and are called tracks.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

I put chains on the deere when plowing snow.
      Mike®
      Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at!!

Comment

the only people who put chains on there tires in southern new england are hillbilly's with 2 wheel drive who try to plow snow and the cops who have cables on there tires. Four Wheel Drive and a good set of tires will get your through the toughest of blizzards around here.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlgrenlandscaping
          the only people who put chains on there tires in southern new england are hillbilly's with 2 wheel drive who try to plow snow and the cops who have cables on there tires. Four Wheel Drive and a good set of tires will get your through the toughest of blizzards around here.
          Correct!!!!!!!!
          Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

Not legal here in ILL. They used to be allowed in Wisconsin I thought, but not sure currently.

Comment

I don't drive my c1500 even with a 4.10 limited slip rear in the snow. With no weight in the bed plus a set of spring loaded rear overload shocks that shifts even more weight on to the front tires makes for one scary ride.

As for a snow mobile my 1986 Pontiac full size RWD with a limited slip diff has a real set of actual snow tires on steel wheels (to bounce off ice curbs) with just a full tank of petrol and the weight of a class three trailer hitch it is the "bomb".

lorenzo piedra revolutionizing the commercial grounds maintenance industry since 1987*

"if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine"

Comment

Working...
              X