Pressure Washer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer...

So i stopped in at Home Depot to take a look at some of their presure washers today.. and i figure that if i am going to be doing this commercialy that i should probably have a commercial pressure washer right?

..so they only had two models for the commercial wahers.. one was $699 and the other was $999.. i'm sure you can find what models they are depending on that.. they were Excell too.. but anyways, the one for $999 is on sale right now for $850.. that just happend yesterday.. and they only have 2 in stock.. should i jump on this or go for a lower model or what.. just need some thoughts.. i am also depending on this pressure washer to get me some more cash to invest in my business by the begenning of april..

thanks, aaron

Mr. Scott can help you on this... He knows 18.50 Times what I know about it!

Here's some good reading for you...
    http://www.lawnserviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=13905

I suggest the more expensive one...

If your serious about it, grab extra 50 to 100 feet minimal of hose and buy extra Quick Disconnects for the hose. Just think if you had enough hose so you could pull up driveway next to house & not have to unload.

Find you a larger container, 5 gal to start with for chemicals, I used a 20 gal I think. Later grab an extension wand, then a injector that you can use at tip of wand.

Plenty of good info in the Power Washing - Pressure Cleaning Forum...

I did a lot of washing for my existing lawn service clients. When you are out there doing it for them it will lead you to other jobs.
    GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
    LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
    www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

this hose you're referring to.. is it like a garden hose or the hose for the pressure washer..

Comment

High Pressure Hose!

The pressure hose, the biggest problem I saw right off the bat was loading & unload the washer.

Here's the deal, you go there you got 50 feet of hose & hopefully 100' minimum of water hose. A 40x40 house you will move that washer at least 2 to 3 times, then you got to load & unload, then move several times all your hoses & your chemical container... Eliminate that part to save time & your back.

For the time being I made a frame out of wood, I put it where it fit at the inside fender wells in the back, that allow me to put my washer in there & it held in place my chemical container. I think I had 3-50' water hoses.

I carried at least a 150' of pressure hose, maybe 200'. this allowed me to park near house, I ran water hose to water spigot. Then I get out hose & go one way first washing. Then I go around the other way. It saved me a lot of time & straining. The washer was never moved & chem container never moved... It made my job easier.

Yes, carry plenty of water hose, you'll never complain that you carried too much hose to the job. If just 10 feet to short look at all the work you got to do?

You see those guys that have rigs on their truck, the chem & water tanks, the hose reels & so forth. They can get close to job & they look like their doing it for a living. That makes the difference when asking for a little more money.

Like I said plenty good reading in the Pressure Washing Forum.

Comment

I'd get the larger machine especially since you're saving $150 and do as GM says, get more hi-pressure hose,, use that $150 you just saved along with 100ft garden hose.
          The frame on that unit won't last too long, maybe two years and then just chunk it and mount the unit to a devoted trailer. By that time you should be knowledgable enough to know what else you'll need; reels, nozzles, tanks, hot water, etc...
          If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

prices for pressure cleaning are around $100-$150; 1 story, $150-$200; 2 story to pressure wash a house.. just to make sure i'm thinking the correct figures...

are these correct??

is there anywhere that sums up pressure washing prices...

decks..
            driveways...
            sidewalks..
            privacy fences...

thanks

- aaron

Comment

Those prices I think are close for my neck of the woods...

Have you been here...
              http://www.dcs1.com/
              http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

It depends on what the going rate for your area is. I was doing real good & some sob came in Pressure Washing any house $99. Right after his ad went into paper my phone barely rang for new jobs. I did fairly good with my regular lawn customers & every few times I do a job I would get one of the neighbors.

I got him to do several for me before before he figured out that I made him my sub contractor. LOL I got him to do a 2 story for me & I charged $300 for it.

He was doing house trailers for $49. I ran into him a few years later, he said his washer broke down & he couldn't afford another one so he got a job.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassMaster
                I got him to do several for me before before he figured out that I made him my sub contractor. LOL I got him to do a 2 story for me & I charged $300 for it.

He was doing house trailers for $49. I ran into him a few years later, he said his washer broke down & he couldn't afford another one so he got a job.
                lol.. that is GREAT!

and wow.. that site helps majorly.. that list is printing now.. tomorrow i think i might go solicit some business parking lots...

.. called home depot a few hours ago and they still have both of those power washers which we're on sale.. thinking of getting it an about 2 days..

thanks for everything..

and posts are still appreciated

- Aaron

Comment

I think you're low on that house. Don't be a scrub, work less make more. You don't need every job that comes along.
                  If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Just curious. Have you looked into the proper liability insurance yet?
                    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

not yet.. i plan on being insure within a week though.. just need some help with all what to do to get there.. i plan on using the people you recommended.. a few days ago, i got my EIN number taken care of... that's a start to all this legal crap.. i will talk to you whenever i come over to take a look at that mower.. that will hopefully be this weekend and then we can talk about all the legal stuff i need..

but anyways.. i will talk to you when you call...

- Aaron

Comment

There are lots of vendors out there who sell professional equipement for power washing, there are professionalorganizations just for power washers, and there are forums which found their roots ( no lawn humor intended...but what the heck) in power washing.

We have been in power washing since 1999 with an emphasis on wood restoration. Let me know if I can offer any assistance.

Beth
                        See Dirt Run! Inc.
                        Beth Borrego & Rod Rodriguez
                        Germantown, MD. * 301-540-1243 * MHIC#86481
                        Visit The Grime Scene

Comment

Working...
                        X