tank sprayer or convert z plugger to a sprayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank sprayer or convert z plugger to a sprayer

in the past i would applicate glandular merit but due to cost i am looking into switching to merit 75wp.
    i am stuck between a rock and a hard place

1. do i buy a tank sprayer?(my perm-a-green wont spray merit)

2. do i convert my z plugger into a sprayer/spreader (need to find out if it will spray merit) any of you z spray owners spray mert 75wp out if it

3.if the LT rich sprayer works replace my perm-a-green sprayer with a z spray.. (kill 2 birds with one stone)

i could use it for fungicides also..

or maybe i might be better off with a tank sprayer but if the Z works foe a few more grand i could be on a z spray..
    any thoughts?

Originally posted by adamant
    in the past i would applicate glandular merit but due to cost i am looking into switching to merit 75wp.
    i am stuck between a rock and a hard place

1. do i buy a tank sprayer?(my perm-a-green wont spray merit)

2. do i convert my z plugger into a sprayer/spreader (need to find out if it will spray merit) any of you z spray owners spray mert 75wp out if it

3.if the LT rich sprayer works replace my perm-a-green sprayer with a z spray.. (kill 2 birds with one stone)

i could use it for fungicides also..

or maybe i might be better off with a tank sprayer but if the Z works foe a few more grand i could be on a z spray..
    any thoughts?
    adamant

From personal Experience, I found 75 WSP doesn't work any where near as good as Granular Merit. I had failures with the WSP. Sometimes cheaper is not always the least expensive.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

This spring I will be manufacturing low volume (less than 1/2 gallon of solution per 1ksqft) broadcast sprayer that will attach to a JRCO bar on a ZTR rider or commercial midsize walk behind.

Once I get the prototype up and running in April I will providing a FREE seminar in May 2006 in Eastern Pennsylvania for those that would be interested in buying a low volume broadcast lawn sprayer.

More information will follow.

lorenzo piedra revolutionizing the commercial grounds maintenance industry since 1987*

"if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine"

Comment

Z sprayers are very productive units. We own the Z Max model, which is great because of its load capicity. The only draw back is the unit doesn't do well on hills. If you are spraying or fertilizing a wide open field then the Z Max is your best bet. We used to own a permagreen spreader and called it the suicide spreader. We always had problems with the brakes going out and the unit slipping on even slight inclines. Overall for best results you are probably better off dragging a hose when doing your liquid applications. You will get a lot more accuracy. If you use the spray feature on the Z Max, you must make sure your machine is calibrated correctly and your speed is constant otherwise your application will be off.

How does the Z plugr perform? I am looking at purchasing one in the spring.
        “veni, vidi, vici.”

Comment

works great.. productive unit

Comment

How does it handle slight hills? How deep does the unit generally plug?
            “veni, vidi, vici.”

Comment

works well on hills
              2.5+ deep

Comment

They say it wont spray WSP because it probably doesn't have an agitator. But, your tank will be swooshing around a lot so you probably could. You would just want to shake the mix up now and then.. I've used it in a backpack sprayer and my walking produced enough agitation in the tank. Just use Carbyl(Sevin) a little later in the season. I'll probably hang up my sprayer for insecticides and just use Dylox this year. Both products are way cheaper and effective. I used to use Merit and Mach but the prices around here have gotton rediculous with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X