Clearing Slush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Slush

We got about a quarter of inch of snow last night and this morning about half of the lots in town were cleared by snow removal companies. Lets put it like this, you could clear a 100 foot pass and end up with less than a 6" pile at the end. Temperature today is about 42 degrees and by 8:00 am, most of the snow had already melted. Is there anyone else out there that would be dumb enough to clear 1/4 inch of slush and be able to justify charging the customer?
    “veni, vidi, vici.”

Now way in hell would that float out here for commercial or residential. Snow is a way of life out here and people deal with it. We have only seen blacktop or pavement for the fist time since the beginning of December.

Comment

I'll take it these companies needed money because this year haven't been to good for snow removals?? 1/4"? 42 degrees? Are they all that stupid around there? I clear snow if its over 1/2" (residentials....and some require it to be more than 1/2") and when it appears the snow will be around for more than 12 some hours. Clearly I wouldn't have bothered to venture out in your case.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

We have pushed snow about 12 times this season which is about average, last year it was only 3 times. I was driving around last night "in the rain" and I saw a couple of these bone heads sanding & salting. The low last night was around 38 degrees and todays temperature will be a high of 46 degrees. We plow about 75 commercial lots and malls, only one of which called and wondered why we didn't clear their lot. The only reason why they wanted their lot cleared was because the business next door had their lot cleared. I guess I am not that money hungry or so financially hard up that I need to rip my customers off.
        “veni, vidi, vici.”

Comment

I wouldnt plow it... but if workers or customers might be arriving before it gets a chance to melt i would salt them just to be safe.
          Eastern Lawn Care LLC

Comment

Working...
          X