Edge Grow Out On It's Own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge Grow Out On It's Own?

I tried to raise the price on a customer at the beginning of the '05 season. She declined and said, "Thanks but no-thanks." She called me back last week and said she hated to lose me and will I do her lawn again. I raised her $10.00-per-cut and put her on a 3x-a-month schedule. She gladly accepted.
    There is a small slope in the front lawn which meets the sidewalk. The JOKER last season obviously didn't edge...and didn't trim very well as the grass was grown over the walk (soil included). Maybe erosion and gravity had some to do with this, I don't know. Anyway, when I edged it with my trimmer it left a 2" wall of dirt with grass on top of it. I assume grass will not eventually grow out of it on it's own... Is there a good way to make this look nice? Would it do any good to seed along this? Maybe taper the soil back so it will meet the walk evenly and then seed? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Jeff

Just keep the edge up... In some of the high end homes I do they like these 8" high edges... They always look awful when you first cut them in, but as the grass begins to grow out on the cut side of the edge it should look good, and the root structure in there "should" hold back erosion. If you want it to come back a bit quicker you could angle the edger blade back a little Like this " \ " and it will allow the grass to grow in more, but not too much or it will look really goofy from the side. Someone else will have to explain trimmer techniqes as I almost always use a stick edger.
    Jeff C.

Comment

I have fixed that problem while wet with a hand tamper. It usually requires another edge job afterwords.
      SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
      Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
      www.lawnbook.com
      www.lawnservicing.com
      Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
      Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
      Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
      NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by Seascape
        I have fixed that problem while wet with a hand tamper. It usually requires another edge job afterwords.
        That's an idea I never thought of. LOL
        Jeff C.

Comment

Working...
        X