Red Hawk commercial mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hawk commercial mowers

I have been doing some research and i have found out that the company that makes red hawk makes the dixon and bradley walk behind commercial mower. The parts are interchangableand the price of the red hawk is $600 dollars cheeper. I am a elementary school teacher and i have a part time lawn business. I make very good money with my part time business. I am going to purchas a red hawk 48 inch cut. Also in the process i am trying to become a dealer on the southern tractor supply website. So in the future check us out and let me know what u think. I have used the dixon walk behind and it is fast and dependable, and it is make by red hawk. The web-site for red hawk is: www.redhawk-usa.com The web-site for dixon is dixonztr.com Please compare the walk behind commercial and tell me what u think

You can get all the parts for it by googling havener enterprises Its a decent belt drive walkbehind for a part time company just starting out and youll be able to get a couple years out of it as long as you have good dealer support. Though its very basic. I have one however I am looking for a good zero turn maybe a stander.

Comment

what kind of problems have u had out of ur mower? Also is urs a red hawk, dixon, or bradley? Finally what is the speed?

Comment

Re: Red Hawk commercial mowers

I have a RedHawk 32 walk behind and bought a metal cage grass catcher. The issue I have had is in the design of the metal bagger. Specifically where it attaches to the deck. Two small prongs are welded to the metal bag. They slide into two small barrels welded onto the deck to attach the bag. Well the two prongs on the bag are welded to a thin piece of sheet metal with no bracing or support. I ripped off one of the attachment points when my bagger hung up on a high spot in the lawn. I have a small wire feed welder so I pounded the sheet metal back and I tacked it back together. It happened two more times after that. So I reenforced the sheet metal with some thicker, more rigid metal. Haven't had an issue since, but it wasted my time having to do it. Another problem I have is with the choke lever. It doesn't stay all the way in choke mode. There's a little nipple that is supposed to hold it on choke, but there is an obstruction and never makes it to the little nipple. It starts fine pulling with my left hand while holding the choke lever on the motor itself open with my right.

Comment

Re: Red Hawk commercial mowers

I had a disaster the 4th year I owned my RedHawk 32 walk behind. The rubber seal that holds the gas line in at the bottom of the gas tank dry rotted and cracked. Dripping slowly at first, I smelled gas in my garage. When I saw a small puddle and tried to find where it was coming from, I juggled the gas line and it started spewing out the crack. Luckily my tank wasn't full and my wife was home to grab me a mason jar and gas can to transfer the gas. There is no shut off valve or anything. The guy at the store said you should replace the rubber every three years. The actual reason I came to this forum was to see if anyone has had a similar problem as I am having with my driveshaft. The driveshaft keeps sliding out of the transmission coupler. There is a snap ring that is supposed to hold it in place, but it just slips out of its groove and slides up the driveshaft. It only happens on the side with the bag. So those are the main problems I have had with my mower. Other than small stuff like clogged grass chute if the grass gets too long. Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
          X