What's lead to your success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I'm new to this industry and just coming to this forum, but I do have a substantial amount of business development service industry experience and I would like to share my immediate response here, as it is so clear to me....

The first time you realize you truly understand your prospect or customer's thought process is when you know you're there. When you can cut through all the superfluous static they're saying and truly know he/she is requiring.... and on what terms....

That's when you've arrived ! Just my opinion.
    Thomas Anthony
    Facility Support Services
    FSS Support Site

"Years from now they won't remember what you did. They probably won't remember what you said either. But I promise you, they will absolutely remember how you made them feel." -unknown

Comment

lead in success

examples for lead in success
      1. You are the driver of your bus. You have the ability to choose the ride you want. As Gordon says, “You choose your energy and it will determine the ride, your attitude, how people respond.”

2. Stop blaming others. In the long run, it’s not their fault. Being accountable for your own business is the reason you started a company, right?

3. Fuel your ride with positive energy. Gordon believes that “whether we feed ourselves each day with negative fuel or positive fuel, our attitude, our mindset, our belief, our optimism has a big impact on our day.” With positive energy fuel, you will be able to accomplish things that others thought impossible.

4. Lead with optimism. Gordon studied great teams, leaders and organizations. He shows that optimism is one of the defining factors of their success. “Optimistic salespeople outperform pessimistic salespeople,” Gordon says. “Optimistic leaders are able to get their people in the right direction and … create success. I work for a lot of NFL teams, for instance, and I’ve seen this principle play out.”

5. No energy vampires allowed. Gordon quotes Gandhi: “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” He points out that stress, business and fear are the main enemies of positive energy.

6. Stop complaining without solutions. Gordon compares complaining to vomiting. He says that “afterwards you feel better, but people around you feel sick.” Ultimately, complaining is counterproductive and hurts your company. Gordon’s “No Complaining Rule” dictates that you are “not allowed to complain unless you come with one or two possible solutions to your complaint.” In this way, complaints will serve as a catalyst for innovation and change within any company.

7. Be thankful. Gordon insists that you can’t be stressed and thankful at the same time. He takes a “thank you walk” every day. Like in so many areas of our life, we become what we focus on.

8. Find your “why.” Gordon advises people to stop seeking happiness at work. He says to “instead, decide to work with passion and then purpose and happiness will find you. Find a purpose and allow it to energize you.” Gordon cites a mortgage broker he met that felt her purpose was “saving marriages because she feels like if she can help people with homes they’ll keep their marriage intact and the research shows that to be true.” The “why” helps overcome most challenges.

9. Share it at work. Gordon states that leadership is really a “transfer of belief.” He encourages leaders to share them with their employees.

Comment

Working...
      X