Rock And Ziplock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no.....here we go again.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

:laughing:

Comment

"stoned"

Couple of years back Walmart was selling Morning Glory seed packets for ten cents I bought 300. I stapled our biz card on the back = 600 staples, pennies....drove less than a mile away to 2 newer subdivisions ($500k homes) I knew most had sprinkling systems to assure full season work, slipped the seed/biz card packet over the mailbox flag - yes, illegal but no one complained, I didn't get reported either. Our postmaster couldn't care less, were a rich, small community. They've got bigger fish to fry I guess

Result= 56 phone calls in 2 weeks over 30 new accounts 90% with sprinklers. Many were impressed with the idea, 4 calls were to just say thanks for the seeds but they were going it alone on the lawns. Creativity is KEY. Throw your names in their faces every single month. Repetition is also KEY. I learned these things from my career in Real Estate.

In my humble opinion, if I received a "stone" other than a precious one in a bag in my driveway, in a bag, I'd be pissed. Creative?? - yeah kinda.
        I'd have to get outta my car, bend over, pick it up and that would hurt my back, which I just had surgery on so I would probably would throw it out, and have a "tude" at the same time.

Funny side note: Morning Glory seeds are a halucinogen, found this out at a drug meeting at my son's 7th grade mandatory parent meeting at his middle school.

My neighbor, and great friend, who was also at the meeting knew of my "Morning Glory seed" distribution and its success and looked at me during this meeting and we both just cracked up laughing out loud...:laughing:.... :laughing:...She whispered to me....."you just got your customers stoned" !!!! And that's how my story fits into this thread. Had to be there - Hilarious!!!

Have a good one guys!

Ms. Jen
        All I want is less to do, more time to do it, and higher pay for not getting it done.

Comment

That is a great story.

Comment

Working...
          X