Price of Salting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of Salting

I am just wondering what others charged for applying salt to a commerical property. I currently buy the rock salt by the bag for around 3.50 for 50lbs. I also use ice melt for the side walks, for around 7.00 for 50lbs. Do people charge by the pound or by the size of the property. I also know that some charge by the bag, 15.00 or so, but if you charge by the bag, do you include spreading time too, so there is a salt charge and a spreading charge?

Thanks....
    MB3 Property Maintenance
    Allentown PA 18103

i don't plow but live in the same area as you. If I was doing it, I'd do it by the property size. You'd have to figure out how much salt you used per sq/ft or so and go from there. Otherwise every storm it could be different. But then again I'm not totally sure as I don't do this. I'd have to ask a buddy who plows in Bethlehem what he charges.
    oooooooooo yyyyeah
    some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

i try and make 75-100 an hour. I price it by the bag cuz every event is different. Charge high its bad out when your salting

Comment

You'd die knowing what I charge to salt a residential drive..if I where to charge the same way on commercials, I'd be making $10/minute..but I don't use rock salt so I'm really of no help.

From what I've heard, the typical price ranges anywhere from $80-150/hr, depending on where you live and your availability of salt.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by MB3 View Post
          I am just wondering what others charged for applying salt to a commerical property. I currently buy the rock salt by the bag for around 3.50 for 50lbs. I also use ice melt for the side walks, for around 7.00 for 50lbs. Do people charge by the pound or by the size of the property. I also know that some charge by the bag, 15.00 or so, but if you charge by the bag, do you include spreading time too, so there is a salt charge and a spreading charge?

Thanks....
          You might want to check out a previous thread. page 2 Calcium Chloride Question.

Comment

How do you do an hourly rate for salting? it doesnt take any time to do it so you wont make anything. I always price mine by the size of the lot and go from there. Set the spreader chute accordingly and drive.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help. This is just for commerical accounts. I will charge by the bag, I buy by the pallet. I have talked to other around the area and $a5 for 50lb bag is about the right rate, or $.35 per pound. This should fall right into the others range for salting prices. Thanks
              MB3 Property Maintenance
              Allentown PA 18103

Comment

36 cents a pound for salt on commercial apps

Comment

Estimating

Originally posted by olderthandirt View Post
                  36 cents a pound for salt on commercial apps
                  So when you give you customers estimates for salt do you give a flat rate for every application or do you price it per lb.
                  I am planning on doing snow next year just wondering how does each application differ, I know it will be more salt for like .5 in. than it is for 2 in. but do you know by any chance how many lbs. are needed for a certain amount of square footage like 100 sq. ft. 25 lbs at 1 in. or whatever, just trying to get an idea.

Comment

charge per bag I get $20 for salt and $25 for any calcium products.

Comment

we charge .50 to .65 per lbs (chemical) applied. Rock salt is not used in our area regularly. For just chemical we do not charge a labor charge.

Comment

With the crap I use, 50# per 1,800 SF. YOU DO NOT WANT TO APPLY MORE THAN RECOMMENDED!
                        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
                        X