My Wife Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife Rocks!

My wife-unit had a customer that got three months behind on payments, she's kind like that. They have a problematic pool; bad leaking pump, bad vlvs, and possibly a leak in the pool itself. Well I quoted them a replacement fee for pump and vlvs and they were told that we needed $$$ upfront to fix it. They then told my wife to have me hold off until the end of the month and they'll call to confirm and set a date. Well that was in June. July 31, my wife sent them a Dear John letter stating that due to poor payment history and service conditions, she has elected to stop service and you owe us XXX amount of $$$ by August 31st. Failure of payment w/i specified timeframe will force a lein on your home. On the 5th we received a crumbled up check in the mail which cleared. Then today, she got a very apologetic call from them.
    "We tried to maintain our own pool for the past two weeks and we've decided to beg you to come back. We'll pay in advance for the repairs and agree to an increase of XXX per monthly service, paid in advance also. Please come back."

"Let me call my husband"
    "money upfront? yeah baby!"
    "Sir, we'll do it but I expect payment to clear the bank by the end of the month, and we need the money to fix your equipment now."
    "How about I pay for the next three months to include payment for the equipment too. I'm mailing it right now."

This guys is a department head in UPS. He makes fat cash, has two newer sports cars in the driveway, pool table in his sun room, LCDs all over his house,, he has cash. I actually think his wife jumped all over him and made him call and make things right.

I bet my wife even gave this guy an earful and a "life lesson" that she has to give to everybody about anything when they cross her. All I have to say about that is, better him than me this time!
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

I have a few people she can call.....from a few years ago!
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

shoot,, she never even hooked me up like that with any past customers.

Comment

Maybe she felt sorry for ya!

a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
        Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Scott you doing pools now too? :laughing: thought I was the only "Pool Guy" on here.

-Ryan
          "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

-Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Translucent View Post
            Scott you doing pools now too? :laughing: thought I was the only "Pool Guy" on here.

-Ryan
            I have my CPO cert but my wife is the real pool tech. I do the green pools and minor repairs. We're hoping to get enough pools to hire help next year. I say target commercial, but she's hesitate because that's where she started and doesn't wanna fool with that if help quits or gets let go. It's easier to get forgiveness from homeowners than commercial gigs.

How's your pool business coming along?

Comment

Working...
            X