Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Cleaning

Here's a roof I cleaned last week. Easy money with the proper equipment

There's a few spots that I need to touch up but you can see the difference.

I also forgot the after shot and just took it. I'll get a better one in the full sun.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

what do you call proper equipment?
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
    Homer Simpson

Comment

Looks good! When you gonna get that fence?
      Mike®
      Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at!!

Comment

Originally posted by OLD HAT View Post
        what do you call proper equipment?
        proper equipment is what I call something that takes me from 3hrs to clean approx. 1800sf roof down to under an hour with the same results for the same $$$

Originally posted by Mike J View Post
        Looks good! When you gonna get that fence?
        I've gotten lazy these days and try to stay away from wood refinishing. It's just not that common down here as it is elsewhere. That fence could use a good clean, neutralizing and stain though.

Comment

They need fireplaces in Florida?

Just like they need a hat and gloves...

When I lived in Miami we didnt even have heat in our house. We had one wall unit that was suppose to heat the whole house. I didnt even know what winter gloves were for.

BTW the roof looks nice.
          The Grass Man, LLC
          Property Management
          Licensed and Insured
          www.thegrassmanllc.com
          404-626-4976

2008 Toyota Tundra 4WD Longbed
          6.5' x 12' L&W Trailer with landscape basket and trimmer racks
          Exmark Advantage Series 48", mulching kit
          36" WB Gravely w/velke & mulching kit
          22" Toro Push Mower
          Gravely Push mower
          Redmax 8001BP Blower
          Stihl Pole trimmers
          Stihl FS-80R String Trimmer
          Stihl FC-75 Edger

Comment

you'd be surprised on the amount of houses w/fireplaces. I'd have to say most of the spec houses I do have fireplaces.
            I even have one but it's electric. Push the button and I get a visual fire, push it again and the blower turns on low, 3rd time, blower is on high.

Comment

My aunt and uncle have one of those elec. fireplaces. It looks amazingly real I want to get into it and really look it over to see how it works.
              Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
              Homer Simpson

Comment

Scott, one of my employees told me today he wanted to clean his roof. He said he wasn't sure how to go about it.

I mentioned to him that I would ask you and find out.

What sized pressure washer? Chemicals?

He said his roof is a light gray color but didn't actually tell me what was on it that needed cleaning. He said the roof is about 8 yrs old (he thinks).

What's the easiest method? I don't think he will be worried about getting it spotless like your photos.

Thanks.
                a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question, but how does pressure washing asphalt shingles not hurt them???
                  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                  Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
                    Scott, one of my employees told me today he wanted to clean his roof. He said he wasn't sure how to go about it.

I mentioned to him that I would ask you and find out.

What sized pressure washer? Chemicals?

He said his roof is a light gray color but didn't actually tell me what was on it that needed cleaning. He said the roof is about 8 yrs old (he thinks).

What's the easiest method? I don't think he will be worried about getting it spotless like your photos.

Thanks.
                    NO pressure washer needed. But if you did, I use a small one to keep the runoff to a minimum. Now I use a delavan pump which is basically a no pressure way to wash your roof.

On an 1800 sf roof, I use about 20 gallons of pool chlorine (12%) and 20 gallons water and some surfactant, dish soap. If he doesn't want to buy a pump, he could use a backpack sprayer but it would take a while toting 40gallons of solution up/down the ladder by way of 3 gallon bp. He could use a very small pw'er but then I'd use straight chlorine and soap because it'll be diluted pretty good through the downstreamer.
                    Basically he has to find a way to get the chemical on the roof w/o run off, or at least keep it to a minimum. Tell him he'd need a ground guy to keep the downspouts and shrubs watered and rinsed off.
                    If you don't have access to 12% liquid chlorine, he can use household bleach which is about 1/2 the strength.
                    Then rinse with water hose w/about 10-15 dwell time.
                    ALSO I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH ABOUT SAFETY. THE ROOF WILL BE SLICK, SUPER SLICK! So start on a far corner, then work your way out on the dry part. AND IF THE GUY HAS ACCESS TO A RESPIRATOR, WEAR IT. If not, he should at least have some sort of mask.

Some guys mix some borax and TSP with the chlorine/water. Some also mix some kinda scent that tries to mask the chlorine.

Now as far as being spotless, I had to spot treat that roof twice after the initial. It's not hard, just respray. He'll be amazed how how clean it comes with minimal effort.

Comment

Scott, thanks for the info, I will be sending him the info tonight. Just curious, because I know he will ask, how much dish soap do you use? Any certain brand?

Also, do you have to do any type of scrubbing? Or do you just rinse it off?
                      a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                      Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

no scrubbing, just apply and some don't rinse. It'll come off in the rain.

soap; I use whatever is cheap, about 1/2 cup to the full mix

Comment

Great job Scott!
                          Midwest Pro Wash
                          Power Washing and Deck Cleaning Contractor
                          Pressure Washing Prices

Comment

you're killing me Barry

You know the deal, I'm just trying to help a brother out here.

Comment

oh, wood shingled roofs are big money makers. I've never done one but would assume it's just like doing a log cabin or very similar.

I don't use a pw on a roof,,, anymo,,, those days are gone. Here's what I use now.

Comment

Working...
                              X