Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What causes leaves to change color in the fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes leaves to change color in the fall?

Vote on you you think it is.....
    Because leaves dry out.
    62.22%
    Because photosynthesis declines.
    33.33%
    Due to sap movement w/in tree.
    2.22%
    Due to increased CO2 absorption w/in leaf.
    2.22%

The poll is expired.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

why don't you talk about where the color comes from?

Carotenoid, does that ring a bell, has it always been there?
    how about the annual amount of rainfall, does that effect the timing and/or brightness?
    what about temperature, does that have any effect of what color the leaves turn?
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

that was easy.

Comment

yay...I got the right answer.

Comment

Where is "So tourists can look at the pretty colors"?

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
          Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

college boy.............................

try giving a math problem.................

steve
            "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

I thought being global warming took over

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
              Vote on you you think it is.....
              Leaves falling was moot....

I thought due to the global warming hysteria everyone new that the earth no longer has any cold area anytime in the horrible USA and fall and winter was a thing of the past?????

Are we talking about the trees in the cool hip countries that joined the kyoto treaty so they could sell their pollution options to others and supposedly are blessed with cooler air and actually have fall and winter changes dropping leaves????

I thought this case was open and shut and everyone knew we were in a furnace melting all of us together and when we were finally ash , and simple specks of DNA left here and there the global warming would trigger global cooling and then aliens would eventually find a frozen planet once called earth and find little DNA samples in the ice ,and start us over again from scratch rebuilding us ,warning us never again to pollute our planet with CO , and CO2 emissions....

Isn't that the truth?????

I know there was a movie like that with a little robot boy who loved his carbon based mommy and the aliens brought her back for him with her frozen DNA after the cataclysmic melting covered the earth followed by the instant freeze which froze the water covered land and her little bits of hair ....

The question should be do trees exhale Oxygen or carbon dioxide during the winter when leaves are gone and photosynthesis stops...

Where does all the carbon dioxide they mop up go when a tree dies and breaks down decomposing and rotting away???

What about the wildfires in California and the burning trees caused by overgrowth caused by lunatic environmentalists????

How many GIGATONS of CO and CO2 was released because the forests were allowed to overgrow because environmentalist nuts wouldn't let the overgrowth and dead garbage get cleared???

My guess would be like every car in the US idling for a year in California but instead of being released in a year the trees burning did so withen less then a week...

And how about the plastics , shingles , computers and furniture along with all the other flammables contained within a home that burned to the ground that week that Gore does not talk about????

Will all those tons of pollutants keep trees from dropping leaves next year or do we dwell on lightbulbs and how many people farted contributing to silly carbon footprints....

What was the original question?????:laughing:

:laughing:PUPPY:laughing:
              GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Ok, what is responsible for the vibrant fall colors, like blazin' reds?
                2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by TRANSMAN View Post

What was the original question?????:laughing:

:laughing:PUPPY:laughing:
                  Ahhhhhh, I think it was, what color of trimmer line do you like ?

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Working...
                  X