Winter clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter clothing

Whatca guys wear for boots and gloves? Not necessarily for snow plowing, but for snow blowing.....actually getting out in the snow?

I've always had a problem with my boots and gloves becoming soaked. I now always wear wool socks which helps tremendously even when my boots of soaking wet. Butt this year I decided to splurge a bit and buy proper attire.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Oh My .....

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
    Butt this year I decided to splurge a bit and buy proper attire.
    You bought a Bunny Rabbit outfit ?

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
      You bought a Bunny Rabbit outfit ?
      Something like that.........that what you use as well?
      I bought a pair of Kamik hundred buck snow boots and a pair of Duluth Trading Post "waterproof" gloves. We'll see bout all that.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

I wear Columbia gear and Cabela's boots. Waterproof boots are the way to go. Sometimes they get a little wet tho. If it is deep snow I wear my Rocky Insulated rubber boots. Dont get out of the truck much though )

Comment

Cabela's Snow Pac boots.... cheap in price, but haved work great. Never get cold and never get wet. Same ones I wear ice fishing now.

If you find a good "watergroof" glove, let me know! I haven't seen a "good" one yet
          "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The gloves suck....but the boots are sweet. I esp like the steel toe option. Boots remain dry and toasty warm. They seem to also grip snow/ice better than any other boot I've owned. http://www.kamik.com/GenfootWeb/serv...2007&curRow=97

Gloves worked initially, but after using them to clean up from the ice storm, things went sour. In fact, that's the last time I've used them.

Comment

Gloves
              http://marmot.com/fall_2007/mens/glo...mate_ski_glove

Boots
              http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=1&cat=130&prod=53

I got both of these last year and both are excellent. The Cabelas Snow Pac Boots are very nice too...

Comment

MM watch it wearing those wool socks. Make you feet sweat then the water proof boot is worthless. I get a good tight fitting boot and wear a very thin sock. Socks I would wear for skiing. As for gloves, I have a half dozen pair for the cheaper leather gloves and change them out and put then on the dash to dry. Might be a little hillbilly but nice warm pair of gloves feels good when you have to get out. m2c
                bt

Comment

As for gloves, I have a half dozen pair for the cheaper leather gloves and change them out and put then on the dash to dry. Might be a little hillbilly but nice warm pair of gloves feels good when you have to get out. m2c
                  Just a note, I do the same thing with work gloves. I would not wear my $150 gloves while doing work that would tear them up. I wear the cheap leather gloves with the lambswool lining.

Comment

Originally posted by RRS View Post
                    Just a note, I do the same thing with work gloves. I would not wear my $150 gloves while doing work that would tear them up. I wear the cheap leather gloves with the lambswool lining.
                    That's what I'm talking about. Same type of glove here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog26 View Post
                      MM watch it wearing those wool socks. Make you feet sweat then the water proof boot is worthless. I get a good tight fitting boot and wear a very thin sock. Socks I would wear for skiing. As for gloves, I have a half dozen pair for the cheaper leather gloves and change them out and put then on the dash to dry. Might be a little hillbilly but nice warm pair of gloves feels good when you have to get out. m2c
                      bt
                      Ditto. My boots have a real thick liner and I wear a thin sock. Anything more, even in 20 below, and I'm sweating. For the gloves, Manzella makes a decent, thin liner that I wear as a base and it helps wick away any sweat I build up. If I can find a link, I'll post it.
                      "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

wear those big yellow fishing boots. Unless you got a blizzard, you won't be stepping in that deep of a snow.
                        oooooooooo yyyyeah
                        some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

I wear Carrhart rain coat, pants, gloves the nice set that is nylon not the rubber. I wear columbia titanium boots rated to -30. They give great traction and stay dry. Total setup is about $350 or so but is definitely worth it when you have to be wearing it for 20-30 hours sometimes.

Comment

Muck Boots

Muck boots are definitely the way go. Mine keep my feet warm as cold as -15. And they never sweat!!!! As far as gloves, the best ive ever used for snowblowing were heavy duty lined rubber gloves. cant do much while wearing em but great for running a snowblower. Theyre actually the same ones they wear on Deadliest Catch, ya know, the hunter orange ones. Sweet gloves!!

Comment

Was just out in snow

I was actually just out in snow helping someone salt and i was underdressed. I suggest you wear snow boots not work boots, a jacket not a sweatshirt, jeans and not sweatpants, also get a good pair of gloves and a pair of arctic socks

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X