Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter clothing

Default Winter clothing

Whatca guys wear for boots and gloves? Not necessarily for snow plowing, but for snow blowing.....actually getting out in the snow?

I've always had a problem with my boots and gloves becoming soaked. I now always wear wool socks which helps tremendously even when my boots of soaking wet. Butt this year I decided to splurge a bit and buy proper attire.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Default Oh My .....

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
    Butt this year I decided to splurge a bit and buy proper attire.
    You bought a Bunny Rabbit outfit ?

Quality Is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    You bought a Bunny Rabbit outfit ?
    Something like that.........that what you use as well?
    I bought a pair of Kamik hundred buck snow boots and a pair of Duluth Trading Post "waterproof" gloves. We'll see bout all that.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

I wear Columbia gear and Cabela's boots. Waterproof boots are the way to go. Sometimes they get a little wet tho. If it is deep snow I wear my Rocky Insulated rubber boots. Dont get out of the truck much though )

Cabela's Snow Pac boots.... cheap in price, but haved work great. Never get cold and never get wet. Same ones I wear ice fishing now.

If you find a good "watergroof" glove, let me know! I haven't seen a "good" one yet

The gloves suck....but the boots are sweet. I esp like the steel toe option. Boots remain dry and toasty warm. They seem to also grip snow/ice better than any other boot I've owned. http://www.kamik.com/GenfootWeb/serv...2007&curRow=97

Gloves worked initially, but after using them to clean up from the ice storm, things went sour. In fact, that's the last time I've used them.

Gloves
    http://marmot.com/fall_2007/mens/glo...mate_ski_glove

Boots
    http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=1&cat=130&prod=53

I got both of these last year and both are excellent. The Cabelas Snow Pac Boots are very nice too...

MM watch it wearing those wool socks. Make you feet sweat then the water proof boot is worthless. I get a good tight fitting boot and wear a very thin sock. Socks I would wear for skiing. As for gloves, I have a half dozen pair for the cheaper leather gloves and change them out and put then on the dash to dry. Might be a little hillbilly but nice warm pair of gloves feels good when you have to get out. m2c
    bt

As for gloves, I have a half dozen pair for the cheaper leather gloves and change them out and put then on the dash to dry. Might be a little hillbilly but nice warm pair of gloves feels good when you have to get out. m2c
    Just a note, I do the same thing with work gloves. I would not wear my $150 gloves while doing work that would tear them up. I wear the cheap leather gloves with the lambswool lining.

Quote Originally Posted by RRS View Post
    Just a note, I do the same thing with work gloves. I would not wear my $150 gloves while doing work that would tear them up. I wear the cheap leather gloves with the lambswool lining.
    That's what I'm talking about. Same type of glove here.