Need a Snow Plow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Snow Plow

Hello all. I have a 1999 dodge Durango and am looking for a snow plow. I have heard there are types that when they are disconnected there are no hydrolics left on the truck. Do any of you know of this type? Also, do any of you know of a supplier in Chicago of Chicago suburbs.
    North Shore Landscaping

I have a friend who uses nothing but Fisher. Go to www,fisherplows.com. It will tell you what you need to know. I was also looking into one for my 1999 Z71 silverado. I would not go over 7 1/2', might be too heavy for the suspension...
    Mike

Comment

Fisher Is the best.I have a 8 ft. it is great on my GMC 2500HD. But don't go over 7 and a half on a half ton.
      MY PUPPIES LAWNCARE & LANDSCAPING

Comment

Do you all have any input on the Sno Way plows. I was quoted $2950 installed. I have absolutely no experience with this.
        North Shore Landscaping

Comment

I'm sorry I dont have any info on that brand..but remember you get what you pay for. Make sure the service is there, if you end up with a problem.[]

Comment

I hear ya. Thanks for the input.
            North Shore Landscaping

Comment

You need a light plow for that truck. Look up SnoWay plows. They are clear plexiglass. Many guys around here run them. I have only heard of one that got cracked, and that was because he smacked a fire hydrant. If it cracks the plastic, it would have more than likely punctured the metal plows as well. You can easily by replacement plastic for it, but not for a metal plow. They are quite strong and light. I have one, but have only had it for about 2 seasons. But like I said, I see alot of them running around.

The hydraulics and everything come off when you un-do the front. That is good.
              a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
              Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Scaper,

I spoke to a local rep tonight and I will be seeing them tomorrow. I guess my question is, what down side is there to this type of plow.
                North Shore Landscaping

Comment

I'm not sure there is a donw side to this type of plow. I seem to see more and more of them on the roads. The have great down pressure as well for scraping. Also, I have seen some plows that just drop when you hit the 'down' switch. Not mine, it lowers itself nice and smooth without crashing on the ground.

I have a picture of it on my site. It should be under 'residential' or 'commercial'. Click the picture to make it bigger. That is a 9' plow.
                  a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Hey North....
                    Called on a price this am for the Fisher RD7'6" for my truck. $3300.00 installed complete. The only thing he had mentioned was that I had to have a FGAW of 3925lbs. or fisher would not stand by it. He said too many co's put plows on trucks that are not suited for the vehicle, just to make the sale. But he has referred some people to snow way on some lighter and older trucks that fisher doesn't have one for.........

Comment

We had a 7'6" Boss Standard Straight Blade plow put on our 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac..

Boss is the closed to us, thats why we went with it.

www.bossplow.com

I would also recommend Fischer..

North Shore,
                      Most new plows don't have full time hydraulics connected to the truck. The whole plow and hydraulic system come off and all there is to do is connect the joystick control to the plug when connecting and put in a few pins and thats all there is to it!
                      Steve
                      Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
                      www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

Working...
                      X