No announcement yet.

Who's managed without a fax machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty sweet....no need for two phone lines.

If I ditch my voice mail service in lieu of my old answering machine, I can leave the fax on ---- my phone, answering machine, and fax will still function properly off one phone line.

Now I need to figure out this networking krap.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Welcome to 1988.

Comment

Better than nothing.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          Tried myfax.com. Cheap, but no worky. Well it worked, but the actual fax attachment never went through????? (PDF, JPEG)

Then tried efax.com. Costs more, fax worked, but end result was unreadable. (JPEG)

So that's it....I can't d1ck around with the internet faxing anymore. Looks like I'll just buy a 3in1 laser printer setup. My laser printer needs to be replaced anyhow. I'll just havta plug the phone cord in the fax when needed. Besides, it'd be nice to have a copier on hand.
          why are you worrying about faxing anyway??? just do everything through email? thats how run things. i use snail mail for those that don't have email or don't want to go that route. the one's that do get there monthly invoices through email.

Comment

Originally posted by spotremix View Post
            why are you worrying about faxing anyway??? just do everything through email? thats how run things. i use snail mail for those that don't have email or don't want to go that route. the one's that do get there monthly invoices through email.
            Because I can...

The ability to receive and send faxes will speed things up in the office dept for me. Now when someone asks if they can fax me something they can, vs. me having to tell them I don't have a fax capabilities -- then having to wait a couple days to get the same junk through the mail....if they can't email it. Same on the other side.....much quicker to fax info out to companies than let it sit in the mail for days.

EX) I faxed a W9 to a corporate office in KC the other day. A couple minutes later I got a call to confirm they received the form. Now that's sweet n' fast.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
              Because I can...

The ability to receive and send faxes will speed things up in the office dept for me. Now when someone asks if they can fax me something they can, vs. me having to tell them I don't have a fax capabilities -- then having to wait a couple days to get the same junk through the mail....if they can't email it. Same on the other side.....much quicker to fax info out to companies than let it sit in the mail for days.

EX) I faxed a W9 to a corporate office in KC the other day. A couple minutes later I got a call to confirm they received the form. Now that's sweet n' fast.
              i guess i don't live in a hick town where a lot of people don't have email :laughing: in my neck of the woods the majority of people have internet and email, especially businesses. any time i need to send something to any company i deal with, advertising, dealers, etc. i send email. i'm also getting as many clients on board as i can so i can email them there monthly invoices.

Comment

Yeah, noboby got a computer here, especially businesses.

Comment

Whats a FAX?
                  GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Comment

If you're on a computer you PROBABLY already have a fax program!

Look in your C:/windows/system32/

folder and look for a file name called:

fxsclnt.exe (I drag an icon to desktop.)

Plug a phone line into your computer and there-you-go!

I have people call first to let me know a fax incomming. Turn on computer, click on your fax program, when phone rings... click "recieve fax."

Good luck!

Mark in ATL

Comment

Forgot you can setup computer fax's under: Add a printer in Windows setup.

GL

Mark in ATL

Comment

Working...
                      X