Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea your missing somthing i think

Originally posted by spotremix View Post
    icing up i can understand but what i don't understand is if you get say 4 inches of snow and heavy traffic all over it that compacts it down, what makes it so hard for the plow to push that up? seems like if you drop your plow all the way down to the ground it should push. just like if i went out there and took a shovel to a small section. know what i'm saying? i wish i had a diagram.
    Its been a long time since i plowed snow but the units i had 20 + years ago depended on hydraulics or electric to lift the plow but gravity and the weight of the plow itself was the only thing providing downpressure so your not digging into the snow just letting gravity and weight provide the downpressure....

I think you can buy a system if you want that pushes the plow down but mainly thats for digging into earth and as far as i remember nobody i knew had a plow setup where you can drop the plow and use the downforce to lift the front end and change a tire for instance...

I think my old units even had a rubber type material on the bottom edge so you wouldnt dig into the road so i think plowing with actual hydraulic pressure pushing the plow down would be dangerouse unless you plow at 3 mph to say the least....

The road and truck / plow assembly would be taking quite a beating possibly flipping if you were moving fast and hit a high spot or speedbump in the road but theres probably people with some hyd or electric down pressure system out there for some specific purpose...

I assumed everyone was useing a floating type of system but with so few explanations maybe things have changed in my years out of this....

T-party-puppy
    GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Things are basically the same as they were 20 years ago. The only plow that has down pressure is Snowway. Even the down pressure there was designed for keeping the plow down on the surface when back dragging away from buildings. To scrape it clean after it has been packed down by dozens or hundreds of cars you need earth moving equipment.

Comment

college boy is a man of pictures.............

we see what he wants us to see and tells what he wants us to here.

steve-o
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

The sno-way is indeed the only plow with down pressure. It applies 250 pounds of down pressure which really does make quite a difference. It was designed mainly because the plexiglass plow surface on a sno-way didn't have enough weight to do the job well. but the truck's do lift quite a bit when you turn the down pressure on. You can't quite change a tire but it does help alot.

Comment

Originally posted by spotremix View Post

i'm uneducated .....................

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Working...
            X