Which one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one...

...does MM plow for? Which one will be acquired next year b/c of the the current contractors poor work? Both are located right next to each other.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Wow were those taken at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
      Wow were those taken at the same time?
      A minute or two difference.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Thats amazing how a store the had almost no or vary little trafic in the storm looks better the the hotel where hundreds of cars drove as it was storming and caked the snow to the pavement.

so next year when you start plowing the hotel and they have the same problem, be sure to take some pictures so we can all laugh at you.

Comment

Yeah and one was plowed early AM and the other plowed late PM after the plow dudes allowed the traffic a chance to compact all 4" of it......very little traffic on hotel lot when I was at the store that morning.....that you didn't know?

How's it look to the hotel manager when their current snow dudes formally plowed for the grocery store up until this year and now the grocery store lot always looks better than theirs immediately following snowfalls?

Of coarse the hotel lot will always have more traffic....on a more confined area, but anyone could do a better job than what service they have now.

Comment

yours also had the chance to melt in the sun to. I've noticed that all around here. That wouldn't be kmart would it?:laughing: lol j/k
            oooooooooo yyyyeah
            some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

That's morning sun you see. But yes, my lot gets more sun. Still, it wasn't plowed late in the afternoon. Interestingly, this other company plows for a grocery store not far from my home. That lot didn't get plowed until later in the day as well. Lot gets full sun all day.....most of that lot was snow packed as of this morning.

It just ain't me.

Comment

Originally posted by clclawn View Post
                Thats amazing how a store the had almost no or vary little trafic in the storm looks better the the hotel where hundreds of cars drove as it was storming and caked the snow to the pavement.

so next year when you start plowing the hotel and they have the same problem, be sure to take some pictures so we can all laugh at you.
                now i don't run a plow and i've never had the chance to even try one out but i would think it wouldn't matter that cars have caked it to pavement. would't a plow just push it right up? i know when i use to work at mikes carwash in the winter we'd use the bobcat to remove the snow. sometimes we used the shovel, and sometimes we had the plow on the front but we always managed to get the snow removed right down to the pavement.

i'm uneducated on the plow so maybe it can't remove caked on snow but i would think it could.

Comment

No sun = no melting in the first one.

Come on now Mastermower! Those 2 photos aren't comparable at all.
                  a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by spotremix View Post
                    now i don't run a plow and i've never had the chance to even try one out but i would think it wouldn't matter that cars have caked it to pavement. would't a plow just push it right up? i know when i use to work at mikes carwash in the winter we'd use the bobcat to remove the snow. sometimes we used the shovel, and sometimes we had the plow on the front but we always managed to get the snow removed right down to the pavement.

i'm uneducated on the plow so maybe it can't remove caked on snow but i would think it could.
                    It depends on the conditions. The one thing you had at the carwash was they seem to salt the crap out of things, when there is salt, the snow will not bond to the surface. If the pavement is warm, the snow will ice up, but for the most part if the snow receives heavy traffic it becoems a beotch to get up.

Comment

Just got home from Kansas

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                      ...does MM plow for? Which one will be acquired next year b/c of the the current contractors poor work? Both are located right next to each other.

Hey were you one of the guys running around with the hairdryer at 9.17 this morning in the K-mart parking lot??????

I thought you dropped them after they screwed with you that last time ???

Actually i thought should i go over and ask if MM was around but when i saw Joes plowing on the side of the 5 pickups and the fat guys driving i figured that wasn't you anyway but that goes t show i jumped to conclusions again and could have met ya in person and took you out to breakfast!!!!!!

Dang , darn , dammit!!!!!

Ohhh maybe im confused... Were you at the site of the top parking lot photo?????:laughing:

T-ROSCOE-PUPPYCATSTER
                      GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Originally posted by clclawn View Post
                        It depends on the conditions. The one thing you had at the carwash was they seem to salt the crap out of things, when there is salt, the snow will not bond to the surface. If the pavement is warm, the snow will ice up, but for the most part if the snow receives heavy traffic it becoems a beotch to get up.
                        icing up i can understand but what i don't understand is if you get say 4 inches of snow and heavy traffic all over it that compacts it down, what makes it so hard for the plow to push that up? seems like if you drop your plow all the way down to the ground it should push. just like if i went out there and took a shovel to a small section. know what i'm saying? i wish i had a diagram.

Comment

icing up i can understand but what i don't understand is if you get say 4 inches of snow and heavy traffic all over it that compacts it down, what makes it so hard for the plow to push that up? seems like if you drop your plow all the way down to the ground it should push. just like if i went out there and took a shovel to a small section. know what i'm saying? i wish i had a diagram.
                          Most plows you don't have down pressure like on a bobcat. When you set your plow down it lands on the hardpacked snow and will continue to glide over it if it's packed hard enough. It could take some picking at to get to the pavement and then it may or may not scrape up easily.

Comment

Next time it snows, go out and find a neighbor hood street the gets alot of traffic. Wait a few hours so that the street has been driven on couple hundred times and then go try to clean it up with a shovel.

This is why depending on the type of storm and the timeing of it, gas stations, hotels and fast food joints look like crap. Its not cause the plow guy is bad, but cause of the conditions.

The moisture in the snow and temp also affect this.

Comment

^^^also cuz most every plow contractor decides to over book themselves. All the local places by me look like garbage cuz the contractor has to many accounts.
                              oooooooooo yyyyeah
                              some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

Working...
                              X