The WHITE DEATH has returned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WHITE DEATH has returned.

Well this is no good. We just got thawed out a couple days ago and ready to catch up on mulching.

But now stations are predicting anywhere from 8-12" to 12"-18" of snow in this area.

I love the snow, but it's time to get mulching!
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Scape Ohio is supposed to get nailed. We are being saved from this. You can make some money in snow removal though. How many times did you do that this year?

Comment

Scaper... I feel for ya. The edge of it is just going to miss us to the south east.
      Good Luck, I heard thier is some nasty wind to go along with all that heavy snow.

Think Spring and it will be over soon........

bt

Comment

There is a possibility that the entire Cincinnati area will be destroyed with very few people surviving. The White Death takes no prisoners!

We really haven't had much snow this year. Just a few 3" and under falls, but we did have a decent amount of salting events.

10 yrs ago, most people didn't want snow removal until we had 1.5" - 2" of snow.

Now??? I get calls if we just get a dusting or 1/4"! "My lot has a little bit of snow on it, will you be out to salt?"

Sure, I'll salt for them, but it sure seems like a waste.

Latest forecast says 12+ with strong winds making 2' drifts.

Time to go fire up the skidsteers!!
        a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
        Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm glad my customers havn't been calling for any more salt. You can't buy it around here. Both of my suppliers are out and not getting anymore in and a sub. of mine had no salt from his two suppliers. No Salt in IN.

Comment

Hmm, so I could probably make a pretty penny making a salt run to IN huh?

Comment

Im sure thier are guys up here that would be buying!

bt

Comment

I thought ya`ll were in a rain Forrest

Originally posted by Bulldog26 View Post
                I'm glad my customers havn't been calling for any more salt. You can't buy it around here. Both of my suppliers are out and not getting anymore in and a sub. of mine had no salt from his two suppliers. No Salt in IN.
                Jee-wizzz i was pretty sure that Gores movie proved the fact that the upper states suffered from the global warming effect that the horrible U.S of A has brought upon this planet.....

Aren't you guys running air conditioners , snow making machines and exaggerating all this fantasy snowfall complaints up considering all the fossil fuels we've burnt supposedly changed the temperature 1/5th of a degree over the past century....:laughing:

It almost seems like you guys are describing an actual cooling trend or nobody noticed it always snowed during their lifetimes.....

I Was watching a new update on ice trucking across some northern lakes and those guys that have been doing so hauling equiptment across frozen lake beds to Canada for decades all said they have seen no difference in ice thickness , but i figured they were all far right nut job lunatics hiding the truth that the lakes were so hot they actually dried up into dry lake beds but it seems my dreams of moving back up north , getting back into snowmobiling , and doing some ice fishing might still be possible unless your all exaggerating.....:laughing:

What up ??????

I thought the planet was warming like 20 degrees a year , by 2010 we`d all be deep fried or drowned from rising sea levels , and everyone knew it !!!!!!:laughing:

T-putty-T
                GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

I got about half a ton left down here.

Supposed to warm up next week, but we'll see what happens.
                  Life ain't nothin' but *****es and MONEY. Ice Cube

Comment

Sorry forgot

Originally posted by clcare2 View Post
                    I got about half a ton left down here.

Supposed to warm up next week, but we'll see what happens.
                    I forgot what i was originally gonna post when i started on the Global Warming hysteria B.S:laughing:

Nobody has access to other less harmful to the environment chemicals available for de-iceing??????

I believe my bud up in upstate ice box N.Y has used these for taking care of his giant wal-mart lots along with salt ....

I'm racking the brain getting the names right but i believe he used somthing along the names of :

1..CMA- Calcium Magnesium acetate

2..Sodium chloride

3..Calcium chloride

4..Magnesium chloride

I`m sure there's other as they all just lower the freezing point of water so possibly if your out , get some bad ice , can acquire somthing as an alternative to keep people safe....

And being salt only lowers the freezing point a certain amount of degrees throwing it around when the temp is 0 will only result in nothing happening anyway or until it warms close enough to start the melting process......

Under 15 Fahrenheit it / salt becomes useless i believe, from my high school science class!!!!!

Might be worth explaining that to some stubbern customers who want the dog house patio salted......

Plus i believe plain salt has the most negative effect on leaching into the lakes river and water supply disturbing the important salinity levels if your a greeenee nut.....:laughing:

T-puppy-T

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

arkansas go hit hard did it not?
                      Do it right the first time.

Comment

ark got hit hard did they not?
                        Do it right the first time.

Comment

lots of rain here. Thunder too. Be flooding tomorrow. Maybe we'll have a nice wet season this year? I know some of you guys needed it last year.
                          oooooooooo yyyyeah
                          some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

No salt pretty much anywhere here either. Real shortage going on. All the mines are running to supply the state and municipalities. If you rely on bagged salt, hope you planned ahead and have a little reserve. I have like ton and 1/2 left total. Hope it lasts. More ice on its way with this system.

Scaper, you keep your skid steers at your lots or do you trailer them to the places each time? Is that all you use?

Comment

Now i know how steevee-oo feels

Originally posted by btammo View Post
                              No salt pretty much anywhere here either. Real shortage going on. All the mines are running to supply the state and municipalities. If you rely on bagged salt, hope you planned ahead and have a little reserve. I have like ton and 1/2 left total. Hope it lasts. More ice on its way with this system.

Scaper, you keep your skid steers at your lots or do you trailer them to the places each time? Is that all you use?
                              No reedy reedy from above on alternatives , or not cost effective in an emergency??????

I guess my buddy was a billionaire and just threw his money away for the fun of it even though these alternatives worked much better according to him......

AND THIS WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME LOOKING UP AN ACTUAL LINK BECAUSE PEOPLE COMPLAIN THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO A JOB , BUT DONT TAKE THE TIME TO SEE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BY CLICKING THEIR MOUSE!!!!!!

http://extension.usu.edu/files/gardpubs/deicers.htm

This reminds me of a "dumb azz" typical question someone will ask like:

Ignorant dude- Hey guys my car ignition wont turn whats the problem anyone help please?????

Mechanic dude ,or anyone helping-Did you check to make sure the key is in it?????

Ignorant Dude-Who needs keys ???? That couldnt be the problem anyway because i just , ahhhh, ahhhh, know that aint it , but im too lazy to look regardless......:laughing:

Yea i realize some are die hard Kawasaki lovers and only want to cut grass useing kamajunkis , but if the only mower available has a Kohler you just ignore it and let the bizz go to shiet??????

If the stuffs available would it be better to stay glued to unavailable salt and watch customers break bones ?????

Plus most of these listed above and at this link will melt ice far better and at a lower temperature then salt that's made for putting on your french fries....

What am i missing other then be stuck on 1 product and not thinking out the box?????:laughing:

Tranny

Comment

Working...
                              X