billing question from newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billing question from newbie

I am just starting my lawn care biz this year and have some questions...
    When you bill, where do you have them send the check to? Do you set up a p.o box at the post office? How important is it to have insurance if I am only planning on having 20 or so lawns to test the market this year and see about expanding next year? There is a lot for me to learn and just so little time.
    any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by randyz View Post
    I am just starting my lawn care biz this year and have some questions...
    When you bill, where do you have them send the check to? Do you set up a p.o box at the post office? How important is it to have insurance if I am only planning on having 20 or so lawns to test the market this year and see about expanding next year? There is a lot for me to learn and just so little time.
    any help is appreciated.
    send the check to your business address. that would be your home address i assume. insurance, you would only need the commercial auto insurance if you planned on getting in a wreck and causing alot of damage or maybe have a fatility. you would only only need the business insurance if you broke a $2,000 window or maybe hit the gas pipe and burned the house down or possibly taking an eye out with a flying rock. i'm sure those things won't or couldn't happen with just 20 yards while testing the market. get my point....

steve
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Thanks Steve, I have totaled 8 cars by the time I was 25 so maybe the commercial insurance would be a good idea!!! Is there any rule of thumb about registering as an LLC or other company?

Comment

trott line, but i'll bite anyway...............

Originally posted by randyz View Post
        Thanks Steve, I have totaled 8 cars by the time I was 25 so maybe the commercial insurance would be a good idea!!! Is there any rule of thumb about registering as an LLC or other company?

if you are gonna be solo and small time, i would just get some good insurance. $1,000,000 is cheap and the higher you go the cheaper it gets compared to say $300,000 and i mean by the #'s involved, not the actual price.

steve
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Totalled 8 cars by 25 yrs old?

With that kind of luck, ya might want to pass on a job that requires extra driving around.

Regardless, liability insurance is not expensive. But I guess it will be for you no matter what because of your driving record.

Just send the invoices to your home address.
          a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
          Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
          X