anyone use bluehost for there website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use bluehost for there website

I'm starting another bussiness and have been checking out different companies. I'm leaning towards bluehost. anyone use them?

1,500 Gigabyte Space
    Unlimited Domains
    2,500 Email Accounts
    15,000 GIGS of Transfer

price is about the same as most others. anyone had any bad experiences?
    sigpic...............RƎVO˩UTION!...............

Wrong section...

Comment

Originally posted by greenC View Post
      I'm starting another bussiness and have been checking out different companies. I'm leaning towards bluehost. anyone use them?

1,500 Gigabyte Space
      Unlimited Domains
      2,500 Email Accounts
      15,000 GIGS of Transfer

Not a smart move they over sell and they are not too bright.
      http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...archid=4418525

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Sinclair View Post
        Not a smart move they over sell and they are not too bright.
        http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...archid=4418525
        that link said (sorry no matches) what makes you say they aren't to bright? with the amount of space and bandwith provided I can run all of my websites with just one plan. Do you know of any other host that give you as much that you would say are bright? I checked out the company in your signature, but I need more than they seem to offer. there are several host now providing what I need but its hard to get a non-biased comparison and of course they all claim 99.9% or so, up time.

Comment

Good Luck...

that link said (sorry no matches) what makes you say they aren't to bright? with the amount of space and bandwidth provided I can run all of my websites with just one plan. Do you know of any other host that give you as much for around the same price
          They are not going to give you that much space & bandwidth for $6.95 a month or even $19.95 a month. It's a ploy to get you to sign up with them.

I bet if you'll never be able get up to 10GB of space & 7.5GB of transfer a month, in fact you'll get a notice similar to this before you hit even half of this...

"We regret to inform you but we must ask you to move to another hosting company due to the amount of system resources one of your sites is using."

I've heard it too many times.

Now if you don't use near that much bandwidth say 5GB or less & say use maybe a .5 gig of space they might let you stay. See the above average web site doesn't even do a GB of transfer a month & is less than a 50MB in size. I'm guessing on sizes & bandwidth but I bet I'm close.

If I could get that $6.95 package & get good service, I would pay $30 a month for it in a heart beet & there's others that would be glad to pay a $100 a month for it.

I've been doing this since 1994 & have learned the hard way.

Do you know the amount of trouble to move say 7 domains to a hosting company & setup at least 5 MySQL DB then set up say 25 e-mail addresses then 30 days later you get the boot & have to move & find another hosting company, then start all over again?

Been there & done that quite a few times in the past decade.
          GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
          LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
          www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

that link said (sorry no matches) what makes you say they aren't to bright? with the amount of space and bandwith provided I can run all of my websites with just one plan. Do you know of any other host that give you as much that you would say are bright? I checked out the company in your signature, but I need more than they seem to offer. there are several host now providing what I need but its hard to get a non-biased comparison and of course they all claim 99.9% or so, up time.
            Go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com and do a search for bluehost you will see what i mean.
            Grassmaster hit the nail on the head. overselling means they sell more band width and space then they have on their server, they figure you will never use it and if you do your gone.

Comment

I'm starting another bussiness and have been checking out different companies.

1,500 Gigabyte Space
              Unlimited Domains
              2,500 Email Accounts
              15,000 GIGS of Transfer

How many domains do you have?
              How much disk space do you need?
              How much bandwidth do you use?
              (If you want it private, send the info to me)

I know a real good hosting company at a reasonable price!

Let me know if you need any SEO work done.
              GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
              LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
              www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Originally posted by GrassMaster View Post
                How many domains do you have?
                How much disk space do you need?
                How much bandwidth do you use?
                (If you want it private, send the info to me)

I know a real good hosting company at a reasonable price!

Let me know if you need any SEO work done.
                I dont need that much right now, but I want to be prepared so I dont have to switch later like you mentioned. I have my lco site, I also have a nightlife magazine that I,m starting a new site for, It will be all flash and will also need to be able to stream live broadcast from different nightclubs.

Comment

BlueHost

Yes...we use bluehost... The price is Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DesignerDave View Post
                    Yes...we use bluehost... The price is Awesome.
                    You get what you pay for.

Comment

I am a new member expect your help!

HostMonster Coupon

Comment

I use Blue Host and have had zero problems. I don't get why so many people have such bad attitudes about them.
                        I started hosting my site last year so I guess I don't have a whole lot experience with them, in fact i've never had to call the customer service hotline so I don't know first-hand what that is like.

I have hosted through GoDaddy and have spoken with their customer service. They were EXCELLENT. I couldn't believe I was speaking to someone that spoke fluent english and they never put me on hold. it was great.

Here's a link to another forum that discuss the pros and cons of bluehost and godaddy, back to back. I hope this helped.

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=82088

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyTheGlove View Post
                          I use Blue Host and have had zero problems. I don't get why so many people have such bad attitudes about them.
                          I started hosting my site last year so I guess I don't have a whole lot experience with them, in fact i've never had to call the customer service hotline so I don't know first-hand what that is like.

I have hosted through GoDaddy and have spoken with their customer service. They were EXCELLENT. I couldn't believe I was speaking to someone that spoke fluent english and they never put me on hold. it was great.

Here's a link to another forum that discuss the pros and cons of bluehost and godaddy, back to back. I hope this helped.

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=82088

This post has been dead since 2008 why bring it back to life, it's been dead it should stay that way.

Comment

1,500 Gigabyte Space
                            Unlimited Domains
                            2,500 Email Accounts
                            15,000 GIGS of Transfer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! If you're considering Bluehost for your business, it's great to explore different options. However, if you're looking for something more robust and scalable, you might want to check out HostNoc's shared dedicated server plans. They offer reliable hosting solutions with excellent customer support and competitive pricing. It's always a good idea to research and compare different providers to find the best fit for your specific needs.

Comment

Hey there! If you're considering Bluehost for your business, it's great to explore different options. However, if you're looking for something more robust and scalable, you might want to check out HostNoc's Touruvw.Xom plans. They offer reliable hosting solutions with excellent customer support and competitive pricing. It's always a good idea to research and compare different providers to find the best fit for your specific needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X